Thread: how to swtch off QtCreator disassembler view ?

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Question how to swtch off QtCreator disassembler view ?

I recently up graded my QtCreator to version 1.3.1, running on Linux and Windows.
    With the previous version, the debugger allowed you to step through the lines of code. Wit the current version, all I get is the disassembler window, where it steps through 1 instruction at a time.
    How can I get back to the old configuration which steps through the code ?
    I have looked through the menus and help, but no luck so far.
    T.I.A.
    Carlton.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: how to swtch off QtCreator disassembler view ?

I am using version 1.3.83 so this might be different but look at the bar under the file, edit menu bar. Look for where it says Disassembler(). You should be able to pick your source file of interest from the drop down and then step through the lines of code.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

In my version, I don't have a dsassembler() option on the menu list. I can close the dassembler window to show the code windows, but as soon as step to the next line/instruction the disassembler window reappears.
    Looking at the Creator help, the disassembler and register windiws are supposed to be disabled by default, and there whould be a disasembler check box under the Debug->views menu. There is not one in my installation. I have reinstalled "qt-sdk-linux-x86-opensource-2010.02.bin" again from scratch, but there was no change.

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

There's an "Operate by Instruction" switch in the Debug menu and icon on the debugger toolbar.

5. The following user says thank you to ktk for this useful post:

shepshep (15th June 2011)

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

I know about the Operate by Instruction switch, it makes no differece whether it is activated or not.

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Does anybody know the answer to this discussion? I have the same problem, I am trying to debug with QtCreator but when I hit a mistake it shows in the disassembler, which for me doesn't mean anything. So please, how can you switch into the normal mode ??

Thank you very much

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

I was seeing the same issue, the debugger jumping to the disassembly window, and the disabled "operate by instruction" switch. I am using Qt v4.7.3 with Creator v2.2.1 on Windows XP Sp3. I completely uninstalled both, cleaned my registry, and reinstalled. I also deleted the .user file so that it would be regenerated. This enabled the operate by instruction switch, but it was switching between the disassembly window and what looks like code from a referenced library, not the actual breakpoint I set in my code. Next thing I tried was to copy my project to a new location, and change the "Projects" settings in Qt Creator so that it would build to the build folder in the new location. I also deleted the .user file so that it would be regenerated. This fixed everything, the breakpoints and the switch, but I have to use the project in its new location, the project in the old location is still broken. I did a complete file comparison using Araxis Merge between the two project folders. I am mystified by what I found. The only difference throughout all of the files in the folders is the build path. Now, I can't say for sure sure if the binary files are actually being compared. I searched my registry and could not find anything obvious. I believe the issue was originally caused when I built from two different locations into the same build folder. I believe it may be related to the following Qt Creator bug: https://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/brow...REATORBUG-2104
    Last edited by sblee; 9th September 2011 at 19:36.