Thread: Debugger Helper compiles and is auto detected but does not get loaded

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Default Debugger Helper compiles and is auto detected but does not get loaded

Hello Folks,

I am using Ubuntu 10.04 and Qt creator1.3.1. I am unable to get my debugging helper library loaded when I try to debug my application. My application is an external makefile driven application.

in Tools > Options > Qt4 > Qt Versions my Qt is successfully auto detected and the Debugging Helper has a green check mark.

However, if I want to rebuild it, it gets successfully rebuilt (See log)

Qt Code:
    1. DQT_SHARED -I../mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I../../../include/qt4/QtCore -I../../../include/qt4/QtGui -I../../../include/qt4 -I. -o gdbmacros.o gdbmacros.cpp
    2. rm -f libgdbmacros.so.1.0.0 libgdbmacros.so libgdbmacros.so.1 libgdbmacros.so.1.0
    3. g++ -shared -Wl,-soname,libgdbmacros.so.1 -o libgdbmacros.so.1.0.0 gdbmacros.o -L/usr/lib -lQtGui -lQtCore -lpthread
    4. ln -s libgdbmacros.so.1.0.0 libgdbmacros.so
    5. ln -s libgdbmacros.so.1.0.0 libgdbmacros.so.1
    6. ln -s libgdbmacros.so.1.0.0 libgdbmacros.so.1.0
    To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 

However, I am still not able to run my application (an external application) with the debug helper library loading. I keep getting the following message (when I click Show Details button)

"The debugging helper library was not found at ."

I'm really struggling to get this to work and am stuck.

Please help!

Thanks,

Sidharth

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: Debugger Helper compiles and is auto detected but does not get loaded

@siddharth

Did you get this working ? Even i'm not able to do this. I get green check mark in front of qt debugging helper but i'm not able to use it with external application. I'm able to use is it with an application which is build in qtcreator

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Default Re: Debugger Helper compiles and is auto detected but does not get loaded

Quote Originally Posted by ansmehta View Post
    @siddharth

Did you get this working ? Even i'm not able to do this. I get green check mark in front of qt debugging helper but i'm not able to use it with external application. I'm able to use is it with an application which is build in qtcreator
    Sorry! Couldn't figure it out... just don't know what I'm doing wrong!

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

If you used Qt Creator 2.0 and a python-enabled gdb the python based debugging helpers would be used which make a few of the related pitfalls magically disappear. In any case, the best tool to debug the debugger setup is the communication log (right pane of Debug->Views->Debugger, or Windows->Views->Debugger in 2.0)