Hello - I know this *should* work, but I can't seem to figure it out. I have a QTreeView with a complex ItemDelegate that is made up of several widgets inside a frame. I want to insert some text(the name of a database field) into one of those widgets on a double-click in another TreeWidget ( a list of database fields in a docking window). I have done this:

connected the double-click signal from the docking window TreeWidget to the ItemDelegate:
Qt Code:
  1. connect( this->getFieldsList(), SIGNAL( itemDoubleClicked( QTreeWidgetItem *, int) ), del, SLOT( insertText( QTreeWidgetItem *, int ) ) );
To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 
where del is the item delegate. This works fine.

defined a slot in the item delegate called insertText as:
Qt Code:
  1. void RWDelegate::insertText( QTreeWidgetItem *item, int col )
  2. {
  3. QString qualified_name = item->parent()->text( col ) +"."+ item->text( col );
  4. int cnt = receivers( SIGNAL(textToInsert( const QString & ) ) );
  5. emit textToInsert( qualified_name );
  6. }
the number of receivers is always 0, by the way

defined a signal in the item delegate as:
Qt Code:
  1. signals:
  2. void textToInsert( const QString & qualified_name );

connected the specific widget that should receive the textToInsert signal in createEditor as:
Qt Code:
  1. RWFilterEdit *query_filter = new RWFilterEdit( query_open );
  2. bool isconnect = connect( this, SIGNAL( textToInsert( const QString &)), query_filter , SLOT( Inserter( const QString &) ) );
the variable isconnect returns true

defined a slot in the item delegate widget class (RWFilterEdit) as:
Qt Code:
  1. public slots:
  2. void Inserter( const QString & qualified_name );

I can see the signal get emitted when debugging... but it never hits a break point in the Inserter slot. I'm processing some other signals from other widgets - but they're Qt signals (eg. currentIndexChanged) and they work fine. What am I missing???

Oh.. also a follow on question -- I hope this isn't a silly one -- why does Intellisense show the QString class as type" static int RWDelegate::QString" in my idem delegate? Other Qt classes are shown as (example) "class QTreeView"? Just curious.