Thread: Qt/Embedded installation Failure

Qt products
    Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Exclamation Qt/Embedded installation Failure

Hi,
    Please help me... I got stuck with Qt/Embedded (qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.6.3) installation in my ubuntu 10.04 netbook remix...
    I followed the instructions according to the pdf "Getting Started with Qt"

Only thing is I used the toolchain arm-linux-xxx instead of arm-none-linux-gnueabi-xxx

I successfully completed upto the stage of configuring the qt/embedded with the following command

Qt Code:
    1. ./configure -embedded arm -xplatform qws/linux-arm-g++ -qt-kbd-linuxinput -qt-mouse-tslib -opensource -verbose -R /home/manju/Softwares/Tslib_Arm/lib/
    To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 

But when i gave the command "make" i got the following error...

Qt Code:
    1. arm-linux-g++ -c -pipe -fno-exceptions -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -fPIC -DQT_SHARED -DQT_BUILD_GUI_LIB -DQT_NO_USING_NAMESPACE -DQT_NO_CAST_TO_ASCII -DQT_ASCII_CAST_WARNINGS -DQT3_SUPPORT -DQT_MOC_COMPAT -DPNG_NO_ASSEMBLER_CODE -DQT_NO_FONTCONFIG -DFT2_BUILD_LIBRARY -DFT_CONFIG_OPTION_SYSTEM_ZLIB -DQT_NO_OPENTYPE -DQT_NO_STYLE_MAC -DQT_NO_STYLE_WINDOWSVISTA -DQT_NO_STYLE_WINDOWSXP -DQT_NO_STYLE_GTK -DQT_NO_STYLE_WINDOWSCE -DQT_NO_STYLE_WINDOWSMOBILE -DQT_NO_STYLE_S60 -DQ_INTERNAL_QAPP_SRC -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_NETWORK_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -I../../mkspecs/qws/linux-arm-g++ -I. -I../../include/QtCore -I../../include/QtNetwork -I../../include -I../../include/QtGui -I.rcc/release-shared-emb-arm -I../3rdparty/libpng -I../3rdparty/zlib -I../3rdparty/zlib -I../3rdparty/freetype/builds/unix -I../3rdparty/freetype/src -I../3rdparty/freetype/include -I../3rdparty/harfbuzz/src -Idialogs -I.moc/release-shared-emb-arm -I.uic/release-shared-emb-arm -I/home/manju/Softwares/Tslib_Arm/include -o .obj/release-shared-emb-arm/qkbdlinuxinput_qws.o embedded/qkbdlinuxinput_qws.cpp
    2. embedded/qkbdlinuxinput_qws.cpp: In constructor `QWSLinuxInputKbPrivate::QWSLinuxInputKbPrivate(QWSLinuxInputKeyboardHandler*, const QString&)':
    3. embedded/qkbdlinuxinput_qws.cpp:121: error: `EVIOCSREP' undeclared (first use this function)
    4. embedded/qkbdlinuxinput_qws.cpp:121: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in.)
    5. make[1]: *** [.obj/release-shared-emb-arm/qkbdlinuxinput_qws.o] Error 1
    6. make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/manju/Softwares/Qt_Embedded/src/gui'
    7. make: *** [sub-gui-make_default-ordered] Error 2
    8. manju@manju-laptop:~/Softwares/Qt_Embedded$
    To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 

Thanks in advance...

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Default Re: Qt/Embedded installation Failure

Make sure you include the path to the linux include files where EVIOCSREP is defined (probably input.h)

Qt products
    Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows Maemo/MeeGo

1) Have you tested this toolchain on something else, to be sure that it works?

2) What runtime library does this toolchain target? Since there's not a "gnu" in there somewhere, I wonder if it is targeting Newlib... I would not expect a Newlib-based toolchain to be able to build Qt, since Newlib is intended for "bare metal" scenarios IIRC.

Qt products
    Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Ya the problem was with the toolchain as GordonSchumacher mentioned...

When i switched to the arm-none-linux-gnueabi-xxx (from codesourcery), the problem got solved...

Thanks.........