Thread: Not able to run fancy browser and demo browser example applications

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Not able to run fancy browser and demo browser example applications

Hi,

I am new to QT (a beginner). I have started to learn and explore QT. I have few issues and would be grateful if any of you could guide me and let me know what am I doing wrong. Following is what I have done.

I have installed qt-sdk-win-opensource-2010.04.exe from http://qt.nokia.com/downloads/downloads#lgpl (QT SDK for Widnows)

After installation, I opened QCreator and trying various examples given in that. I clicked on the Run button (on the left panel) after opening selecting the example.

I was able to successfully run the HTML previewer application. However, I am not able to run the fancy browser application. I am not getting anything in the window though I have entered a valid URL (www.google.com) in the address field.

I would like to know if I have to do any setting on Windows to run this example successfully? Am I missing anything here?

I even tried running the Browser example under QTDemo->Demonstrations-Browser. Here also, I get the window but nothing after entering the URL and hitting enter.

Do I need to install anything else in addition to qt-sdk-win-opensource-2010.04.exe to get the browser related demos to work?

Please let me know how to get these demos working.

While browsing I got a CutyCapt utility to capture Web page as snapshot. It also uses QTWebkit. When I ran this utility it gives a blank page as output where as IECapt utility which does the same gives the proper snapshot of the webpage.

I don't know what am I missing to make CutyCapt or the demo browser applications which uses QTWebKit to run.

Please do the needful.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    GoGetIt

2. The following user says thank you to GoGetIt for this useful post:

talbertypeter (7th December 2013)

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: Not able to run fancy browser and demo browser example applications

Hi,

I came to know the it is because of some proxy/firewall settings on my system. I tried it on a different network and it worked.

However, the fancy browser application doesn't display website/HTML page with flash contents but the demo browser does. I am wodnering what code changes needs to be doen for fancy browser example to display flash contents.

Also, the cutycpat utility exe captures flash content in its output if --plugins=on is used. But I noticed one thing, I am using
    http://www.flashiness.com/fseyeball.htm as my test case. The cutycapt utility captures the flash content flashinessc.com that is displayed at the top left (in a blue box)but not the eyeball content. Whereas IECapt utility which uses IE core captures both.

Would you please let me know what is missing.

Regards,
    GoGetIt

4. The following user says thank you to GoGetIt for this useful post:

talbertypeter (7th December 2013)