Thread: Could not find mkspecs for your QMAKESPEC(symbian-sbsv2), how to setup Qt for symbian

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows Symbian S60

Question Could not find mkspecs for your QMAKESPEC(symbian-sbsv2), how to setup Qt for symbian

E:\S60\Devices\Symbian\epoc32\tools\qmake.exe -recursive -spec symbian-sbsv2 qt_hello.pro
    Could not find mkspecs for your QMAKESPEC(symbian-sbsv2) after trying:
    \S60\Devices\Symbian\epoc32/tools/qt\mkspecs
    Error processing project file: qt_hello.pro

my environment:
    1. win7
    2. ActivePerl-5.6.1.638 and python 2.6 (on c:\ drive)
    3. jre-6u14-windows
    4. symbian SDK (5th), then PDT_1.6 (on another drive, e:\
    5. qt-symbian-opensource-4.6.3 (on e:\)
    6. copy carbide 2.7 from others (not install, because my friend has integrated all necessary plug-ins), I am not sure if I can only use the carbide under PDT install folder.
    7. set path environment.

Then I created a QT project in carbide, when I tried to build the project I got the errors above.

Can anybody please give me some advice and comments? I used more than 2 days to figure out this issue, but still failed to find the root cause.

P.S:
    Someone told me that the SDK and QT must be installed on system drive C:\.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows Symbian S60

Default Re: Could not find mkspecs for your QMAKESPEC(symbian-sbsv2), how to setup Qt for sym

I set it up on an XP virtual machine. I know there are patches you have to apply for it to work on Vista, don't know about Win 7.

I found Qt Creator to be more useful than Carbide. W/ Carbide, I never could get it to communicate with the phone (an N82). Even with Qt Creator, it was patchy.

There are a number of sources and videos on Qt Labs that detail setting up the environment. It's not trivial. It took me about three tries to finally get it right, to see where the pieces lay and what needs to be installed over what. ( That's the nice thing about using a VM - you can mess it up a lot without affecting your working machine and you can make sure nothing on your working machine is interfering with it. If all else fails, you can bring over a clean copy and start over....)

One thing: You have to register your Qt installation with Carbide. I don't have the installation in front of me, now, but it's under an options menu, somewhere. Make sure that's been done.

rickb