Thread: Configure with minGW fails on Win7 x64

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Exclamation Configure with minGW fails on Win7 x64

(Sorry for my english, if i say something wrong)

I have Windows 7 x64 professional (if that matters) on my PC. I've used QT for nearly half a year (now the latest version is intalled), and it worked pretty well.
    But, suddenly, i needed to build project in static.. I've found the manual, and it said: configure your QT with special parameters. Not a problem.

I tried running this (crypt32 is needed for the project):
    cmd Code:
    1. C:\Qt\2010.05\qt>configure.exe -static -no-exceptions -release -l crypt32
    To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 

He said that he wasn't able to find mingw.. I just added path to it to system variable PATH. Now it looks this way:

c:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;%SystemRoot%\system32;%Sy stemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\ System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\DTS\Binn\;C:\strawberry\c\bin;C:\strawb erry\perl\site\bin;C:\strawberry\perl\bin;C:\Progr am Files (x86)\e\cmd;C:\Program Files (x86)\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.1\bin;C:\Qt\2010.05\mingw\bin
    So i've tried to run configure once again.. It asks me what edition i use, and if i agree with license.. then it writes lots of text (everything's ok in paths in it.. it's just too big to place it here).. and then:

cmd Code:
    1. WARNING: Using static linking will disable the use of plugins.
    2. Make sure you compile ALL needed modules into the library.
    3. Running syncqt...
    4. Creating qmake...
    5. g++ -c -oproject.o -O -I. -Igenerators -Igenerators/unix -Igenerators/win32 -Ige
    6. nerators/mac -Igenerators/symbian -IC:\Qt\2010.05\qt/include -IC:\Qt\2010.05\qt/
    7. include/QtCore -IC:\Qt\2010.05\qt/include -IC:\Qt\2010.05\qt/include/QtCore -IC:
    8. \Qt\2010.05\qt/src/corelib/global -IC:\Qt\2010.05\qt/src/corelib/xml -IC:\Qt\201
    9. 0.05\qt/mkspecs/win32-g++ -IC:\Qt\2010.05\qt/tools/shared -DQT_NO_TEXTCODEC -DQT
    10. _NO_UNICODETABLES -DQT_LITE_COMPONENT -DQT_NO_PCRE -DQT_NODLL -DQT_NO_STL -DQT_N
    11. O_COMPRESS -DUNICODE -DHAVE_QCONFIG_CPP -DQT_BUILD_QMAKE -DQT_NO_THREAD -DQT_NO_
    12. QOBJECT -DQT_NO_GEOM_VARIANT -DQT_NO_DATASTREAM -DQT_BOOTSTRAPPED -DQMAKE_OPENSO
    13. URCE_EDITION project.cpp
    14. g++: CreateProcess: No such file or directory
    15. mingw32-make: *** [project.o] Error 1
    16. del project.o main.o makefile.o unixmake.o unixmake2.o mingw_make.o option.o win
    17. makefile.o projectgenerator.o property.o meta.o makefiledeps.o metamakefile.o xm
    18. loutput.o pbuilder_pbx.o borland_bmake.o msvc_nmake.o msvc_vcproj.o msvc_vcxproj
    19. .o msvc_objectmodel.o msbuild_objectmodel.o symmake.o initprojectdeploy_symbian.
    20. o symmake_abld.o symmake_sbsv2.o symbiancommon.o registry.o epocroot.o qbitarray
    21. .o qbuffer.o qbytearray.o qcryptographichash.o qvsnprintf.o qbytearraymatcher.o
    22. qconfig.o qdatetime.o qdir.o qdiriterator.o qfile.o qtemporaryfile.o qfileinfo.o
    23. qabstractfileengine.o qfsfileengine.o qfsfileengine_iterator.o qfsfileengine_wi
    24. n.o qfsfileengine_iterator_win.o qglobal.o qhash.o qiodevice.o qlibraryinfo.o ql
    25. ist.o qlinkedlist.o qlocale.o qmalloc.o qmap.o qregexp.o qtextcodec.o qutfcodec.
    26. o qstring.o qstringlist.o qtextstream.o quuid.o qvector.o qurl.o qsettings.o qse
    27. ttings_win.o qvariant.o qmetatype.o qxmlstream.o qxmlutils.o qnumeric.o
    28. Не удается найти C:\Qt\2010.05\qt\qmake\project.o
    29. g++ -c -oproject.o -O -I. -Igenerators -Igenerators/unix -Igenerators/win32 -Ige
    30. nerators/mac -Igenerators/symbian -IC:\Qt\2010.05\qt/include -IC:\Qt\2010.05\qt/
    31. include/QtCore -IC:\Qt\2010.05\qt/include -IC:\Qt\2010.05\qt/include/QtCore -IC:
    32. \Qt\2010.05\qt/src/corelib/global -IC:\Qt\2010.05\qt/src/corelib/xml -IC:\Qt\201
    33. 0.05\qt/mkspecs/win32-g++ -IC:\Qt\2010.05\qt/tools/shared -DQT_NO_TEXTCODEC -DQT
    34. _NO_UNICODETABLES -DQT_LITE_COMPONENT -DQT_NO_PCRE -DQT_NODLL -DQT_NO_STL -DQT_N
    35. O_COMPRESS -DUNICODE -DHAVE_QCONFIG_CPP -DQT_BUILD_QMAKE -DQT_NO_THREAD -DQT_NO_
    36. QOBJECT -DQT_NO_GEOM_VARIANT -DQT_NO_DATASTREAM -DQT_BOOTSTRAPPED -DQMAKE_OPENSO
    37. URCE_EDITION project.cpp
    38. g++: CreateProcess: No such file or directory
    39. mingw32-make: *** [project.o] Error 1
    40. Building qmake failed, return code 2
    To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 

So it fails..
    And the question is: how to fix it?

P.S. by the way, when i installed the same version of QT on notebook with Vista x32 on it - configure worked well.
    Except that when i looked into system PATH - there was no path to "...\mingw\bin" is it ok?

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: Configure with minGW fails on Win7 x64

i suppose you are using the sdk. ppl had problems rebuilding the sdk. if you want a static build, i prefer using the qt sources instead of the sdk.