Thread: qteacher or so

Qt products
    Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Maemo/MeeGo

Default qteacher or so

Hi all,

Unfortunately for myself I can not develop in C + + or Qt. But I'm going to learn it slowly.
    However, I have an idea for a project. I am currently in training to become a teacher.
    Unfortunately, there is no program for Linux and Qt / Meego with which one could do the daily works as a teacher. I imagine such a program, like that:

Management students with attendance records, homework lists, and lists of oral marks
    Class work or test scores, points and ratings, divided into the different tasks, reports for the half year and end of the school year
    Management of lessons, on a topic over several hours and for the individual hours, with links to files or the Internet
    Calendar for the dates in the school, with holiday calendar.

I think in all the schools in the world performance evaluation is needed. Similarly, an administration of the hour is reasonable. Many things from the German school system, I can unfortunately not well explained in English, but I think there are many parallels internationally.

Who would like to develop such a program? Many teachers would be very grateful. On Windows, there are some programs but not on Linux. As I see the great opportunity to work with Qt. Especially in view of the coming Meego tablets and smartphones.

Greetings, Gerhard Prade

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows
    Wiki edits

Default Re: qteacher or so

http://qt.nokia.com/forms/downloading/Teaching_Qt

You might want to subscribe to that newsletter

Thanks
    Thanked 5,015 Times in 4,792 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Android Maemo/MeeGo
    Wiki edits

This is for teaching Qt/using Qt and not for teaching in general.
    Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile.

Please ask Qt related questions on the forum and not using private messages or visitor messages.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,005 Times in 913 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Symbian S60
    Wiki edits

Have a look at Kollegstufe (at qt-apps.org). And there are other tools working on web servers so that you can use them on linux too.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Wiki edits

If you want a complex course management system and you can live with a web-based solution then Moodle is also something to look at.
    Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile.

Please ask Qt related questions on the forum and not using private messages or visitor messages.

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows
    Wiki edits

I have completely misunderstood the question.

Qt products
    Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Maemo/MeeGo

Hello all,

for german readers: i have writen a detailed description of my idea at www.qtforum.de (http://www.qtforum.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12613) i german with some files i use at the moment for this functions.

The mean goal for this software is running offline on win/linux/mac/meego for desktops and tablets, maybe at smartphones. Their are alot simliary projects at sourceforge, but no in qt so all plattforms can be used.

I get allready the newsletter for learning qt for myself, but i am to slow in learning for a project like that.

I think a webbased software is not a good choice, because not every school has wlan (our admin dont want wlan and we teachers have no choice to change his position).

Who want help? First is needed a Chiefdeveloper. A Designer would be great too, for design of the interface.

greatings, gerhard

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Wiki edits

Quote Originally Posted by gprade View Post
    I think a webbased software is not a good choice, because not every school has wlan
    At some point you have to exchange the data. And synchronize it which is pain in the... neck.

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Quote Originally Posted by wysota View Post
    At some point you have to exchange the data. And synchronize it which is pain in the... neck.
    You could save your stuff in a database, and let the user choose whether this would be a (local) sqlite db or a mysql/oracle/whatever db (probably on the web). this would enable the program to run standalone on the local pc or automatically save the data in the web so it is accessible by other people.

Qt products
    Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Maemo/MeeGo

There are some developer, who starts such a project. But they have not much time. Any other interesstet to support them or to develop with them this tool? I would be very happy to find someone, who helps.

Qt products
    Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Maemo/MeeGo

Guten Tag,
    ich möchte ein Programm für den Desktop mit Touch-Steuerung entwickeln. Es gibt bereits ein ähnliches Programm, aber es wurde in Xamarin entwickelt. Leider entwickelt sich das Programm nicht weiter. Deshalb hoffe ich, mein eigenes Open-Source-Projekt zu starten und wenn ich schon etwas zeigen kann, dass ich weitere Helfer finden kann.
    Ich möchte mit dem Layout in QML beginnen. Zu diesem Zweck möchte ich ein GUI-Layout haben, wie es in vielen Desktop-Programmen und Websites zu finden ist. Ich würde gerne das Design von https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...ut/page-layout
    in QML verwenden, weiß aber nicht, wie ich anfangen soll. Das Programm sollte das auf der Microsoft-Website angezeigte Layout haben. Wie implementiere ich das in QML? Ich bin dankbar für jede Hilfe.

Mit
    freundlichen Grüßen
    Gerhard Prade