Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Qt 4.7 QML/C++ Error : "Package not found" and "Module foobar is not installed"

Thanks
    Thanked 5,015 Times in 4,792 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Android Maemo/MeeGo
    Wiki edits

Default Re: Qt 4.7 QML/C++ Error : "Package not found" and "Module foobar is not installed"

/me slaps his head

This is an example of extending QML, it doesn't involve Qt Creator in any way. Please understand Qt is not limited to Qt Creator. The example is perfectly valid if you use say... Notepad which doesn't understand qmldir, qmlproject or qml plugin files.
    Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile.

Please ask Qt related questions on the forum and not using private messages or visitor messages.

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Default Re: Qt 4.7 QML/C++ Error : "Package not found" and "Module foobar is not installed"

Thanks for clarifying that. I am new to QML and what may seem simple is new to me. Also I have only been using Qt for a short time. Afterall if we didn't ask questions we wouldn't get answers. I'm going to keep trying and will post my results.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Wiki edits

Quote Originally Posted by kona_echinofu View Post
    Afterall if we didn't ask questions we wouldn't get answers.
    It's good to do some reading before you start asking questions. You can't always rely somebody will do the research for you.
    Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile.

Please ask Qt related questions on the forum and not using private messages or visitor messages.

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Quote Originally Posted by wysota View Post
    It's good to do some reading before you start asking questions. You can't always rely somebody will do the research for you.
    This is true, but I wasn't looking for a straight answer to my problem, but rather some guidelines to what direction I should be heading to solve this problem. Which, you have provided me with, so thank you.

As stated before, I will take into consideration what I have learnt here, try again, and post my findings

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Wiki edits

The directions were provided in post #4 so what the remaining 20 posts are all about?

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

The directions were provided in post #4 so what the remaining 20 posts are all about?
    Read them. Its a discussion, Bruce and Jonathan got involved

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Well I've created my own qmlproject with my own qmldir and C++ extenstion (No longer using the build in example - Charts). I have had some good progress I don't know (or think) downloading Qt Creator 2.1 has helped, but I'm no longer getting the "Package not found" error message. However, a little problem remaining now is how to get Creator to recognise my types exported from C++.
    Here's the code to my little test:

.qmlproject file:
    Qt Code:
    1. /* File generated by QtCreator */
    3. import QmlProject 1.0
    5. Project {
    6. /* Include .qml, .js, and image files from current directory and subdirectories */
    7. QmlFiles {
    8. directory: "."
    9. }
    10. JavaScriptFiles {
    11. directory: "."
    12. }
    13. ImageFiles {
    14. directory: "."
    15. }
    16. /* List of plugin directories passed to QML runtime */
    17. importPaths: [ "../plugin" ]
    18. }
    To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 
    .qml file:
    Qt Code:
    1. import Qt 4.7
    2. import "plugin"
    4. Rectangle {
    5. width: 200
    6. height: 200
    7. Text {
    8. x: 66
    9. y: 93
    10. text: "Hello World"
    11. }
    12. MyItem{
    13. id: testObj
    14. }
    15. }

qmldir file:
    Qt Code:
    1. plugin plugin

Importing "plugin" is a folder I have used to contain the plugin I have built from C++. It contains the dll and relevent files for the plugin. Not sure how to get Creator to recognise the "Types" from this plugin though?
    Last edited by kona_echinofu; 9th November 2010 at 01:32. Reason: Additional Information

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Wiki edits

By "recognize" you mean syntax highlighting or code execution? Also, please post the code of your plugin.

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

By "recognize" you mean syntax highlighting or code execution?
    I mean syntax highlighting. The application will run, just Creator won't recognise "MyItem".

Also, please post the code of your plugin.
    Please find attached a ZIP of all files
    Attached Files Attached Files

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Windows

I has same bug
    Thats minimal example creatorbug.zip

1. Build myitem/myitem.pro plugin as release
    2. Open face/face.qmlproject
    3. Open face/face.qml in editor mode and run it - all works fine in qmlviewer
    4. Swith to design mode - can't load MyItem module

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Thanks for the long discussions.

Now we should have a common understanding of the original problem: Qt Creator (or other QML editor tools) underlines in red any custom module name (like "import Charts 1.0") and custom QML element name (like "PieChart"). This gives us the false impression that there are syntax errors with these custom items, even though the QML code executes perfectly.

This does not happen with standard module names (like "import Qt 4.7") and standard QML element names (like "Rectangle").

So our request is: Do not underline custom module names and custom QML element names in red! Treat them the same as standard ones.

Maybe there is a Qt resource file (a .xml file, for example) that we don't know but where we can tell Qt Creator (or any other QML editor tools) that these are custom items?

Treating custom items the same as standard ones will encourage more developers to transition to QML.

- Jonathan

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Wiki edits

Quote Originally Posted by jonathanz View Post
    Maybe there is a Qt resource file (a .xml file, for example) that we don't know but where we can tell Qt Creator (or any other QML editor tools) that these are custom items?
    There is no resource file, there is a plugin infrastructure and qmldir facility you need to use. It's a situation similar to using custom widgets in Designer. Feel free to extend Qt Creator with the capabilities of your choice, after all it is open source.

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Maemo/MeeGo

I have a problem similar to this. I have a qt C++ qt plugin that works just fine if I build for the device the import statement in my qml application does not throw an error because the importPathList variable set in main.cpp point to where the plugin would be found when on the target device.
    In qt creator "import plugin 1.0" is underlined as not found but building for target does cause any run-time errors.

However when i use QT designer environment it say the plugin is not found probably because environment paths are setup for the device.
    I can qmake the plugin without errors. So what is the proper procedure to have QT Designer (or QT creator) to recognize my plug on the PC?

BTW, when i qmake the plugin its is kept here: "proc/19352/cwd/Madde/sysroots/harmattan_sysroot_10.2011.34-1_slim/opt/plugin.so"

so i gotto add "proc/19352/cwd/Madde/sysroots/harmattan_sysroot_10.2011.34-1_slim/opt/" to the qt creator path, How do i do that?