Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Overview of all Elements and a good introduction pdf?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,015 Times in 4,792 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Android Maemo/MeeGo
    Wiki edits

Default Re: Overview of all Elements and a good introduction pdf?

Quote Originally Posted by gast23 View Post
    Fool... i read about QML and wuhu i tried und wrote some code...
    And then you say this:
    I thought at something like SAP ERP, real business applications.
    I don't know who are you trying to fool but apparently it's not working. If you had read the first sentence of the first document I gave you then you would have never said anything like that.

Sorry i dont understand why its so hard to tell me your opinion about QML....
    How do you expect to understand it without background knowledge on the technology? Besides, QML is only the syntax, not the semantics.
    Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile.

Please ask Qt related questions on the forum and not using private messages or visitor messages.

Qt products
    Qt4 Qt/Embedded Qt Jambi

I'm sure QML or should i say Quick has no new patterns or concepts to me... therefore i could understand you...

Its possible to explain features, likes, hates and constrains without very deep details...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,005 Times in 913 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Symbian S60
    Wiki edits

Anyone is allowed to answer here!

And beside, if you wonder why no other is responding: I guess most think in a same way as wysota does. What answer do you expect? If you ask in a more specific way, you would get more answers. Nobody is willing to answer such a wide question where you have to rewrite the documentation.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

What about your opinion? What do YOU think of it, gast23? Funny how that works, eh? Myself, I've no opinion on it because I've not researched QML at all. I do know that I would exhaust my own research resources (and with google they are virtually endless) and form my OWN opinion before I asked someone to basically tell me what I should think of it. Just something to ponder.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,005 Times in 913 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Symbian S60
    Wiki edits

Its possible to explain features, likes, hates and constrains without very deep details...
    • Easy development of shining UI.
    • Better way to collaborate with designers

That's all.

Qt products
    Qt4 Qt/Embedded Qt Jambi

How do you use QML?

How could 'Easy development of shining UI' possible without a large set of read to use elements?

'Better way to collaborate with designer' i saw the quick designer... this tool is very limited... the success of declarative languages stands and falls with their tools and toolsupport... the success of xaml is based on blend...

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows
    Wiki edits

How do you use QML?
    Here's an example:
    http://labs.qt.nokia.com/2010/10/19/...shop-and-gimp/

Qt products
    Qt4 Qt/Embedded Qt Jambi

Thanks for this good link! Quick designer needs a photoshop shape import function...

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Wiki edits

How do you use QML?
    I have no idea what you mean with this question.

How could 'Easy development of shining UI' possible without a large set of read to use elements?
    If you mean QtDeclarative/QtQuick then it's based on primitives and image manipulation. That's enough for most cases of a basic mobile-device ui. If you want something more complicated you can use anything Qt offers, you just have to be aware of all the drawbacks of QtQuick being implemented on top of graphics view. It's not possible to say more without going into details, so I'll end here.

'Better way to collaborate with designer' i saw the quick designer... this tool is very limited...
    It's still under development. And you should know that but of course such knowledge requires earlier research which you can't do right now because you are a busy man unlike any of us. Even though I don't think you understood what "collaboration with designer" means - it's not about the Qt Designer tool but a person doing graphics and stuff like that. It separates... no... that's too much into details, let's skip that for now.

Oh, one more thing - according to me it's a misunderstanding to use the terms "Qt Quick" and "QML" as synonims. QML is a language, QtQuick is a technology composed of QML and QtDeclarative. So if you talk about "ready to use components" then you talk about QtDeclarative which has nothing to do with the QML language.
    Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile.

Please ask Qt related questions on the forum and not using private messages or visitor messages.

Qt products
    Qt4 Qt/Embedded Qt Jambi

"Qt Designer tool but a person doing graphics and stuff like that. It separates... no... that's too much into details, let's skip that for now." really? Maybe you should read something about collaboration models http://windowsclient.net/wpf/white-p...iteration.aspx

All ui designers i know work with highlevel tools such as blend..

the success of declarative languages stands and falls with their tools and toolsupport...

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Wiki edits

"Qt Designer tool but a person doing graphics and stuff like that. It separates... no... that's too much into details, let's skip that for now." really? Maybe you should read something about collaboration models http://windowsclient.net/wpf/white-p...iteration.aspx

All ui designers i know work with highlevel tools such as blend..
    I think you still fail to understand me. You keep repeating your thesis about tools yet fail to understand what QtQuick is about. If you feel so good with xaml then stick with it. I'm sure it could serve as a carrier for Qt Declarative too. After all it's just a language.

And speaking of tools, you have been given a nice link showing that you can use tools such as gimp or photoshop for ui modelling.