Thread: How to find *.dll and *.so files which should be packed with Distribution Package?

Qt products
    Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Symbian S60 Maemo/MeeGo

Question How to find *.dll and *.so files which should be packed with Distribution Package?

I am using InstallJammer software to create installation file. I am not getting how to find which *.dll ( *.so for linux ) should i pack with my software distribution file so that my software will run in all pc. I mean without any dll not found error.

( I don't want to bind my application statically )

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Default Re: How to find *.dll and *.so files which should be packed with Distribution Package

Use something like http://www.dependencywalker.com/ to find this out and ship all DLLs that are not part of standard windows install. Do take notice of any licenses however first. We don't want you being sued.

For Linux, don't include any .so files. Instead include the dependency in the package manager your using, and the installer will auto download any missing libraries (Linux is much more advanced than Windows when it comes to libraries)

Qt products
    Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Symbian S60 Maemo/MeeGo

Default Re: How to find *.dll and *.so files which should be packed with Distribution Package

Do take notice of any licenses however first.
    As Qt comes in LGPL, so I guess there is no issue of distibuting dll. Am I right? Does program written in Qt also depends on non Qt dll's?

Instead include the dependency in the package manager
    Am not packaging it as *.deb or *.rpm. Instead am using InstallJammer which creats package as Shell Script, which can be installed in any flovor of Linux. I doubt whether it supports for auto download of libraries.

So it would be helpful to know how to do same in Linux. Or it would helpful if you guide me to GUI tools which can be used to build *.rpm and *.deb

Thank you