Thread: QWSServer suspendMouse/resumeMouse

Default Re: QWSServer suspendMouse/resumeMouse

I have several client application with Qt embedded. I am modeling the server as an application launcher. I use the raise/lower methods of QWSWindow to manage the Qt embedded application. However, I wish to also have icons that will run other graphics programs. I use the suspendMouse, enablePainting and refresh methods of QWSServer.

The issue is that the qmousetslib.cpp code just disables the socket/fd listener. Upon resuming the mouse, historical touch events are still around. Is there something like qApp->flushX() in Qt embedded. Does it make sense that the tslib handler doesn't flush the file on resume()?

Added after 7 minutes:

... er I have a SIGCHLD that is doing the clean up and this is where I want to flush the mouse queue, resume the mouse and invalidate the screen for a redraw.

Added after 35 minutes:

... also this is Qt Embedded linux (where SIGCHLD and tslib are relevant). I don't know if CE and Symbian have the QWS classes (so maybe that also made it obvious).
    Last edited by ardvark; 25th November 2010 at 19:16.

I was calling QWSServer methods from the signal handler directly. I converted to a structure like http://doc.trolltech.com/latest/unix-signals.html. The issues with mouse event buffering still seem to occur even with qApp->flush() being called after the mouseResume(); calling qApp->flush() is not really what I wanted after reading the documentation.

I created a dummy QWidget and used show(), mouseGrab, -> timer releaseMouse(), hide() to flush the mouse events. I guess I could open tslib directly, but it would be nice if QWSServer had a discardMouse() method (or mouseResume() intrinsically flushed the mouse). A default parameter to mouseResume() would work too.

ping sentient.life.org