Thread: Qwt 6.0 QwtPlotSpectroCurve dot size

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Default Qwt 6.0 QwtPlotSpectroCurve dot size

I've recently upgraded to Qwt 6.0.0 rc4, and I am using a QwtPlotSpectroCurve to overlay realtime color encoded data over a QwtPlotCurve in black. The problem is the dot size for the QwtPlotSpectroCurve is too small and is not showing the color well when there are small sample rates.
    Is there a way to increase the dot size? It seems what I really want is a scatter plot with symbols, but it doesn't seem to be supported.
    Any advice, would be appreciated.

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: Qwt 6.0 QwtPlotSpectroCurve dot size

Quote Originally Posted by rolvera View Post
    I've recently upgraded to Qwt 6.0.0 rc4, and I am using a QwtPlotSpectroCurve to overlay realtime color encoded data over a QwtPlotCurve in black. The problem is the dot size for the QwtPlotSpectroCurve is too small and is not showing the color well when there are small sample rates.
    I have added a setPenWidth method to SVN trunk.

Quote Originally Posted by rolvera View Post
    Is there a way to increase the dot size? It seems what I really want is a scatter plot with symbols, but it doesn't seem to be supported.
    An earlier implementation of QwtPlotSpectroCurve had the option to use symbols, but after some discussion on the mailing list it was obvious, that there are simply too many ways to display the z values ( colors, symbols, symbol sizes ... ).

So I decided to offer a very simple class only demonstrating how to use the QwtPlotSeriesItem template. Be encouraged to implement your own type of curve !

Uwe

3. The following user says thank you to Uwe for this useful post:

rolvera (11th December 2010)