Thread: Help Getting started with Qt for embedded devices.

Qt products
    Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Help Getting started with Qt for embedded devices.

Hi

I have installed Qt Creator4.6 on both Windows 7 and Linux Ubuntu 9 machines.

I have both Windows CE and Embedded Linux targets and want to remove the requirement for cross compiling hence the two developments PC's with two operating systems.

I have been through all of the tutorials for PC development and now want to move onto doing some embedded stuff.

I plan to do the development in Qt creator but the installation I have doesn’t include the widgets from the embedded widgets demo.

How do I configure/install Qt creator for embedded development on each of the developments PC's?

Is Qt 4.6 the right software tool for the development?

I have looked through Tutorials/Forums etc and cannot seem to see anything that could help.

I would like to reach a stage where I can use the widgets in the embedded widgets demo and run these initially with the virtual frame buffer then run on each of my platforms.

On the Linux PC I downloaded the Qt libraries for embedded Linux (which I assume contains the embedded widgets etc). I then followed the help documentation within Qt for "Installing Qt for Embedded Linux" however I encountered errors with various steps of the configuration (-qvfb, "make install" etc) which leads me to think I may have an incorrect version. For each of these steps I specified the file path for the Embedded Library.

On the windows PC I have downloaded the Qt libraries for Windows CE and run the configure.exe, but cannot see any other way to install/add these libraries.

I hope you can help me.

Thanks in advance.

Qt products
    Qt/Embedded

Default Re: Help Getting started with Qt for embedded devices.

I am new to QT embedded myself, but I found the easiest way to compile it was using buildroot.
    What is your target platform?