Thread: An example of triangle in opengl 4.1 with vertex buffer object and simplest shaders

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default An example of triangle in opengl 4.1 with vertex buffer object and simplest shaders

An example of triangle in opengl 4.1 with vertex buffer object and simplest shaders, to download: QGLTriangleVBSL.zip... I spent one day to start with qt and shaders. It can be helpuful for others...

2. The following user says thank you to bartosz.kwasniewski for this useful post:

Jeka (20th December 2011)

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Default Re: An example of triangle in opengl 4.1 with vertex buffer object and simplest shade

In qgl.h QT 4.7 has OpenGLVersionFlag up to 4.0. To get core profile for 4.1 I used gl3w from https://github.com/skaslev/gl3w. With it shaders compile fine, but QT produces : warning C7568: #version 410 not fully supported on current GPU target profile. Probaly QT has the same bug as glew:
    glGetString(GL_EXTENSIONS) being deprecated, an error is generated, no extension is returned and then GLEW fails to initialize. So currently, it’s not recommended to use GLEW with a core profile context.
    - I havn't check this, but that's possible that both use the same approach to opengl wraping.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: An example of triangle in opengl 4.1 with vertex buffer object and simplest shade

So. I get from glGetIntegerv(GL_MAJOR_VERSION, &glVersion[0]) and glGetIntegerv(GL_MINOR_VERSION, &glVersion[1]); 4.1 OpenGL version. I initilized GLEW in initializeGL(). So now I can use pure OpenGL calls, because i need a QT for everything else than graphics - just a framework(UI, IO, User input, etc...). For matrices i'm using armadillo. (I'm making fully sepeated classes from qt for graphics - if i need sth. im making adapters...). If you use only shaders there is not so many calls from opengl (You need only: vbo, vba, gldrawelements, glVertexAttrib)...

So I dont get it why i have 4.1 version if this flag is set up to 4.0.. It works.. So im content...