Thread: Applying the horizontal and vertical layouts ensures that the application UI scales

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Default Applying the horizontal and vertical layouts ensures that the application UI scales

I'm newbie with some programming experience. I downloaded QTCreator 2.0.1 on a Ubuntu box. I'm doing the tutorial "Creating a Qt C++ Application" from the from the QT Creator Documentation.

I've created my label, LineEditor and TextBox, Applied both the Vertical and Horizontal Layout as explained on the tutorial, When I compile and execute the program. I drag to increase the main box, The widgets I created don't scale (stretch) like I expected them to.

I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows Android

Default Re: Applying the horizontal and vertical layouts ensures that the application UI scal

Show some code... or attach a little sample that replicate the problem you have.

Also are you creating the layouts with Designer or code?
    If you use the Designer apply a layout by selecting the "form" in the "background" of the QLabel, QLineEdit and other QWidgets.
    If you are creating with code make sure that the layout is properly parented, i meant that you have a QWidget to act as a "form" and this is the parent to layout and this will be the widget you show()...

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Default Re: Applying the horizontal and vertical layouts ensures that the application UI scal

Quote Originally Posted by robertomason@gmail.com View Post
    I'm newbie with some programming experience. I downloaded QTCreator 2.0.1 on a Ubuntu box. I'm doing the tutorial "Creating a Qt C++ Application" from the from the QT Creator Documentation.

I've created my label, LineEditor and TextBox, Applied both the Vertical and Horizontal Layout as explained on the tutorial, When I compile and execute the program. I drag to increase the main box, The widgets I created don't scale (stretch) like I expected them to.

I'm doing something wrong.
    My guess is that you either didn't set the layout for the window or you didn't add your objects to the layout.
    This rude guy who doesn't want you to answer his questions.

Note: An "expert" here is just someone that's posted a lot.

"The fact of where you do the encapsulation is meaningless." - Qt Certified Developer and forum moderator

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Thanks for you quick answer. I was using the Designer. It now works. I selected the Form and I applied the layout to the form.

Thanks