Thread: Qwt + mingw64

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Question Qwt + mingw64

I downloaded qwt6.0.0-rc5 and compiled it with my environment and tried running all examples and it just fails at startup. This means i have compiled the lib and the examples in debug and release version but still no luck running them.

I guess you need to know my environment? here it is
    Qt = 4.7.1 (commercial) - 64 bit lib
    Mingw64 = (TDM-GCC)GCC 4.5 Series
    OS = Windows7
    I have disable/commented out QwtMathML to compile the examples ( but i think this my environment issue)

Here's my questions:

1) Is there any special patch/config for qwt and mingw64 to work properly? all i did was edit qwtconfig.pri to my needs ,qmake (64 bit made qmake) and mingw32-make (comes from mingw64).

2) I have built my app during the qwt 5.2.0 days. Now i noticed that my apps are complaining about qwt_data.h is not available anymore. I was wondering whats the story about the deprecation of QwtData and what is its replacement?

I think these questions are for UWE but i'll appreciate any answer from anybody.

baray98

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: Qwt + mingw64

I have disable/commented out QwtMathML to compile the examples ( but i think this my environment issue)
    It makes sense to do this if you are not interested in the MathML stuff - but it is not necessary. If you had to do this to build the examples successfully you might have a serious problem on your side, that should be fixed before you continue.

1) Is there any special patch/config for qwt and mingw64 to work properly? all i did was edit qwtconfig.pri to my needs ,qmake (64 bit made qmake) and mingw32-make (comes from mingw64).
    I'm not aware of any reason, why Qwt code should depend on 32/64 bit and I heard about successful 64 bit builds with MSVC. But I never tried mingw64 myself.

2) I have built my app during the qwt 5.2.0 days. Now i noticed that my apps are complaining about qwt_data.h is not available anymore. I was wondering whats the story about the deprecation of QwtData and what is its replacement?
    Check the examples and the documentation.

Uwe

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

QwtSeriesData is my answer i believe, but what did you gain / what was the push by switching to this class if you don't mind me asking ?

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

Quote Originally Posted by baray98 View Post
    QwtSeriesData is my answer i believe, but what did you gain / what was the push by switching to this class if you don't mind me asking ?
    QwtSeriesData/QwtSeriesItem are templates with code, that is common for all types of representations for a series of samples. In Qwt 5 QwtData/QwtPlotCurve was for x/y samples only.

The win is that any author of a new plot item ( f.e Qwt itsself ) can share this code instead of having to copy it again and again. Check QwtPlotIntervalCurve or QwtPlotHistogram, or ...

Uwe

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

thanks for the share...