Thread: Help required in deploying window based qt application on non qt environment windows

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt/Embedded Qt Jambi PyQt3 PyQt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows Symbian S60 Maemo/MeeGo

Default Help required in deploying window based qt application on non qt environment windows

Hello,

I urgently require help in deploying a window based qt application on a windows where qt is not installed. The application reads any file that the user wants to store and stores it in postgresql database in Bytea format. When the user wants to view the file, it imports the bytea data into a byte array in qt which in turn makes a file out of it. This file is then opened by Qt Desktop IO services. The problem is that this works perfect on my windows which has qt installed but when i try to use it on any non qt environment window, the application makes a corrupt file to view. I think i am missing some dll required to use for such action. I would appreciate all help in advance

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Maemo/MeeGo

Default Re: Help required in deploying window based qt application on non qt environment wind

(I am talking about default Qt's installation with shared libraries) basically You need QtGui4.dll and QtCore4.dll,libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll,mingwm10.dll these are necessity I guess and must be included along with binary.exe
    From my experience they must be inserted into system32 directory. Other files you have to add along with binary.exe depends on the project specification.

You can set up testing environment in virtual machine with clean OS and install your application, check what's missing and successfully include missing dependencies.

Postresql as far as I know is not default db driver, so You need to add appropriate dll(s) as well.
    Hope that helps

additionally this article is very helpful [WIKI]Deploying Qt Applications[/WIKI]
    My schedule makes my cry
    My works makes my laugh
    My life makes... oh...no....

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: Help required in deploying window based qt application on non qt environment wind

Quote Originally Posted by kornicameister View Post
    From my experience they must be inserted into system32 directory.
    This is not needed. You just have to put them in the same folder where the application executable resides.

in short, you need to deploy your app as follows:
    <app>.exe
    <dlls mentioned by kornicameister>
    if you are using icons, then you need to create a subfolder 'imageformats' and within it, qico4.dll. If you use any other image formats, add addiontial dlls to this subfolder.
    if your app uses sql, then create a subfolder 'sqldrivers' and in it the appropriate dll according to the db you are using. Look at <Qt Install folder>\qt\plugins\sqldrivers

in addition to the wiki link, I would suggest the following:
    http://doc.qt.nokia.com/latest/deployment.html
    Last edited by schnitzel; 20th February 2011 at 23:58. Reason: reworded

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Maemo/MeeGo

Quote Originally Posted by schnitzel View Post
    This is not needed. You just have to put them in the same folder where the application executable resides.

in short, you need to deploy your app as follows:
    <app>.exe
    <dlls mentioned by kornicameister>
    if you are using icons, then you need to create a subfolder 'imageformats' and within it, qico4.dll. If you use any other image formats, add addiontial dlls to this subfolder.
    if your app uses sql, then create a subfolder 'sqldrivers' and in it the appropriate dll according to the db you are using. Look at <Qt Install folder>\qt\plugins\sqldrivers

in addition to the wiki link, I would suggest the following:
    http://doc.qt.nokia.com/latest/deployment.html
    and than I learnt something as well
    My schedule makes my cry
    My works makes my laugh
    My life makes... oh...no....