Thread: Qt Designer does not recognize custom slots anymore

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Qt Designer does not recognize custom slots anymore

First of all: I know that since Qt4 you can't add custom slots in the Designer, since the whole concept has changed. Instead, you add custom slots to the class that embeds the UI defined in the form and then you can connect to these custom slots in the Designer if you wish.

Or so I thought, this feature suddenly stopped working for me in one project. When I want to connect a signal to a custom slot, I pick the class "MyClass" in the receiver column and then the slot in the slot column. However, I do not see my newly created slots there anymore.

At one point I had 3 slots called save(), load() and addView() for instance. Now I still have save() and load() defined, but I removed addView() and added other slots instead. However, in Qt Designer, when opening the form that my class uses, I still see only the old 3 custom slots and none of the new ones. How does the Designer of Qt4 determine the custom slots, what could be going wrong here?

This also does not work for manually created classes (without a wizard inside Visual Studio I mean) that use an UI file. I am not sure how this is supposed to work in general.

I use Qt 4.7.1 with Visual Studio 2008 and the Qt VS Integration 1.1.8.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,015 Times in 4,792 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Android Maemo/MeeGo
    Wiki edits

Default Re: Qt Designer does not recognize custom slots anymore

You have to add the slots manually using an appropriate dialog in Designer. Designer doesn't scan your source code for slots.
    Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile.

Please ask Qt related questions on the forum and not using private messages or visitor messages.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

In Designer you can use "Change signals/slots..." item in the context menu to define new signals/slots and to use them
    A camel can go 14 days without drink,
    I can't!!!

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Ok, I feel a bit stupid now. But where exactly would that dialog be? Which Context Menu?

// ah, got it, context menu of the widget/mainwindow... it seems I simply forgot about that, since I first used it, sorry for the stupid question then