Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yet *another* MYSQL drivers not loaded issue

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: Yet *another* MYSQL drivers not loaded issue

Please don't blame Qt, you're the only one to blame here, honestly.
    I'm not seeing it. Sure, initially I didn't modify the path before I ran make/make install as per the Qt docs, but even after I did that, it still didn't work, and my Qt installation just followed the online installer defaults, aside from installing to QtSDK-4.7.3 as opposed to QtSDK in my home directory. But qmake should know about that. What piece of information was missing that prevented Qt from just putting the library where it was ultimately supposed to know, in the first place?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,015 Times in 4,792 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Android Maemo/MeeGo
    Wiki edits

Default Re: Yet *another* MYSQL drivers not loaded issue

What should qmake know about? The source code for Qt has nothing to do with your existing installation. It is not patched to "see" where you install Qt or anything. It is your responsibility to pass a proper path to configure, which you didn't. Simple as that. You wanted to go the short route and while doing that you probably skipped reading how configure works and stuff like that. That's a downside of following tutorials -- sometimes it is better to invest more time to learn and understand some things to waste less time later dealing with problems that arise because of lack of this investment. Of course it is nothing personal, don't be offended. It's just a general rule of thumb. I'll repeat it one more time --- Qt and QtSDK are two different things. Qt source code doesn't even know something like "Qt SDK" even exists so don't expect it to guess that if you're compiling something, you mean to use it with a particular install of Qt SDK.
    Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile.

Please ask Qt related questions on the forum and not using private messages or visitor messages.

3. The following user says thank you to wysota for this useful post:

MattPhillips (24th June 2011)