Thread: QFileSystemModel/QListView and Additional file description

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default QFileSystemModel/QListView and Additional file description

Hi All,

I writing simple image viewer and have have question. I using now QListWidget to show thumbnails and file descriptions, but I would like to switch to QListView + QFileSystemModel. It looks, like it works fine, except file names/description. I would like to have, instead of simple file names, some customized text (image description etc.), and I can't find way to put it in QFileSystemModel (there is no setText() method like in QListWidgetItem, I can't find any similar way). Is there any way to to this?

Regards
    Ryszard

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: QFileSystemModel/QListView and Additional file description

Quote Originally Posted by Rysiek View Post
    I writing simple image viewer and have have question. I using now QListWidget to show thumbnails and file descriptions, but I would like to switch to QListView + QFileSystemModel. It looks, like it works fine, except file names/description. I would like to have, instead of simple file names, some customized text (image description etc.), and I can't find way to put it in QFileSystemModel (there is no setText() method like in QListWidgetItem, I can't find any similar way). Is there any way to to this?
    I am not sure whether I understand your requirements correctly, but it's not your QFileSystemModel object that you need to 'customize'. It's your view (using QListView) which must render your QFileSystemModel object the way you want it.

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Yes, perhaps you right, but I did not found the way to change the way that QListView is rendering QFileSystemModel. As I mentioned, in QListWidget, there is QListWidgetItem, ant it provide me easy way to change everything I want, unfortunately it does not work witch QFileSystemModel, and QListView does not provide anything similar to QlistWidgetItem.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

Well, tell yourself that you are, at least, doing the right thing by going away from QlistWidgetItem and by using QListView with QFileSystemModel. Otherwise, you might want to check qtfm. It might give you some ideas on how to do what you are after.

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

You are referring to making my own model on a base of the QFileSystemModel, and reimplementing itemData parameter? I'll try it, thanks.