Thread: Replace -qt-zlib version from 1.2.3 to 1.2.5

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Replace -qt-zlib version from 1.2.3 to 1.2.5

Hi There,

I have Qt 4.7.2 running but I am not particularly happy with the zlib what comes with Qt because of a few bugs such as http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/browse/QTBUG-15071 (that is reported as closed and fix will come with Qt 4.8... does anybody know when and if it will come with zlib 1.2.3 or 1.2.5).

Will there be something usable like QZip/QGZip there finally sin there is definitely a need for that (see http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/browse/QTBUG-3897) - having just the internal stuff there and unpublished is... very far from being good, especially that QNetworkManager cannot handle chunked data anyhow else.

Okay, I stop complaining now (about that otherwise fantastic library). The question is:
    - What I did: I replaced the src/3rdparty/zlib directory with the current zlib source
    - Edited src/3rdparty/zlib.pri - added new files and removed the ones no longer exist

I run:
    C:\Qt\4.7.2>nmake confclean
    <Of course, it is okay>

Next:
    C:\Qt\4.7.2>configure -nomake demos -nomake examples -debug-and-release -no-exceptions -no-accessibility -stl -qt-sql-mysql -qt-sql-odbc -qt-zlib -no-qt3support -platform win32-msvc2010 -I C:\mysql_c\mysql-connector-c-6.0.2\include -L C:\mysql_c\mysql-connector-c-6.0.2\libmysql\Debug -L C:\mysql_c\mysql-connector-c-6.0.2\libmysql\Release -l libmysql

Configure finishes fine. The real stuff:
    C:\Qt\4.7.2>nmake
    <Compilation is fine>
    <Linker fails as>
    Creating library ..\..\lib\QtCore4d.lib and object ..\..\lib\QtCore4.exp
    gzclose.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _gzclose_r referenced in function _gzclose
    ..\..\lib\QtCore4d.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
    NMAKE: fatal error U1077 ...
    Does anybody know what other files I need to edit besides the .pri file (what helps to get the thing compiled) in order to get it linked?

Thanks
    Sandor

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: Replace -qt-zlib version from 1.2.3 to 1.2.5

- Edited src/3rdparty/zlib.pri - added new files and removed the ones no longer exist
    Sounds like in this step you either forgot to add some files, or some other mistake.
    The linker complains it can't find a function, could be that a cpp file is not compiled, or its obj file is not bundled in the link command.
    ==========================signature=============== ==================
    S.O.L.I.D principles (use them!):
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SOLID_...iented_design)

Do you write clean code? - if you are TDD'ing then maybe, if not, your not writing clean code.