Thread: Need to implement in place line edit, unable to get lose focus of QLineEdit.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt/Embedded Qt Jambi PyQt3 PyQt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows Symbian S60 Maemo/MeeGo

Default Need to implement in place line edit, unable to get lose focus of QLineEdit.

I'm working on a custom Qt line edit that allows you to edit the text only if you double click it. When it is double clicked, QLineEdit is getting enabled for text editing. Once you press enter or tab it gets in read only mode again.

One more requirement which I want to implement - is that if the user clicks anywhere in the application window or outside application window, the QLineEdit should become read only again(it should leave the edit mode). This works in some cases. Specifically, it works if I click on anything that is capable of text entry. Other portions of the window don't work as expected.

If I'll click on a blank portion(parent frame) of the application window, QLineEdit retains its focus. How can I remove its focus in these cases?

Actually the problem is I am not getting focusOut when clicking outside on parent window? Can you give me proper direction please...

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Default Re: Need to implement in place line edit, unable to get lose focus of QLineEdit.

You can set your window to receive focus.
    setFocusPolicy(Qt::StrongFocus);

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt/Embedded Qt Jambi PyQt3 PyQt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows Symbian S60 Maemo/MeeGo

Default Re: Need to implement in place line edit, unable to get lose focus of QLineEdit.

Thanks a lot! It fixed my problem! But I want to know little bit more if there is any side affect of setting strong focus on main window.