Thread: Choosing Qt/C++ or PyQt for best performance in a graphics intensive Application?

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

Default Choosing Qt/C++ or PyQt for best performance in a graphics intensive Application?

hello,
    I am currently researching what language is best suited to develop graphic intensive user interfaces with Qt, particularly between C++ and python(PyQt, PySide). The applications will be for Audio/Image processing GUIs, so for example I need to be able to display waveforms and spectrograms at the least. IN a waveform display I would like to be able to zoom-in and zoom-out in width, height, etc. .In a spectrogram for example be able to change resolutions and everything to the finest detail possible, and of course having a responsive fluid interface.

Does anyone have a suggestion to what language I should pursue for this kind of development? What are the advantages of one or the other.. Also if anyone can point me in the right direction to where I can know about this would be really appreciated.

Thanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,015 Times in 4,792 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Android Maemo/MeeGo
    Wiki edits

Default Re: Choosing Qt/C++ or PyQt for best performance in a graphics intensive Application?

The Qt-part will be equally fast regardless of the language you choose because Qt bindings for Python (and other languages) use C++ compiled Qt. The only difference you may expect is with the code you write. In general C++ is faster but Python shouldn't be much slower, since it does a kind of compilation as well. The answer which to choose should mostly be based on your familiarity with any of those languages, choose the one you feel more comfortable with.
    Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile.

Please ask Qt related questions on the forum and not using private messages or visitor messages.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Default Re: Choosing Qt/C++ or PyQt for best performance in a graphics intensive Application?

They are just wrapped on Qt/C++.
    As wysota mention go work with the one you feel more comfortable with.
    But if you wanna best IDE to work with Qt, the only things come to my mind is programming in Qt/C++ with Qt-Creator, coz Qt-Creator do a lot of things in one place and really make it easy for work with C++.
    ...یه مرد هیچوقت زمین نمیخوره