Thread: App found qsqlite4.dll driver file but still "Driver not loaded"

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Default App found qsqlite4.dll driver file but still "Driver not loaded"

Excuse me for my, possible, bad english I have a trouble with including qsqlite driver with my app. I have read a lot about including qsqlite4.dll with package on qtcentre or stackoverflow, but in my situation all of this solutions don't work. I downloaded QtSQK 4.7.3 with QtCreator and wrote a small app with Sqlite usage. I created the "plugins/sqldrivers" dir in my release output folder, found qsqlite4.dll (478720 bytes - in "/mingw/plugins/sqldrivers" folder), put it into the "plugins/sqldrivers" dir. Added the
    Qt Code:
    1. a.addLibraryPath(a.applicationDirPath()+"/plugins");
    To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 
    into main.cpp. After this i saw that
    Qt Code:
    1. qDebug() << a.libraryPaths(); //where a is QApplication
    will output "("app/release/plugins", "C:/QtSDK/Desktop/Qt/4.7.3/mingw/plugins", "app/release")", and through Resource Monitor in Win7 i see that qsqlite4.dll loaded when my app start and work fine with SQL. Then, i want to check, will it work on clear system without QT. If i rename the "C:/QtSDK/Desktop/Qt/4.7.3/mingw/plugins" to some like "plugins__", i see, that my app have only 2 paths - "..../release/plugins" and "..../release". In all that situations my QSqlDatabase found the QSQLITE driver -
    Qt Code:
    1. QSqlDatabase db = QSqlDatabase::addDatabase("QSQLITE");
    2. db.drivers()
    will output "QSQLITE". But, when i try to use qsqlite4.dll from my app bundle, i got a error from QSqlDatabase "Driver not loaded Driver not loaded". If i remove qsqlite4.dll from "myapp/plugins/sqldrivers" dir QSqlDatabase will not found them (db.drivers() return nothing), so i think i have a situation when driver DLL is founded by my app, but does not load. Why?

Trying not to use "app/plugins/sqldrivers/qsqlite4.dll" dir but use "app/sqldrivers/qsqlite4.dll" instead without adding a libraryPath does nothing, QSqlDatabase even does not found the driver and return nothing with db.drivers()..

It's like:
    app/plugins/sqldrivers/qsqlite4.dll
    QtSDK/Desktop/Qt/4.7.3/mingw/plugins/sqldrivers/qsqlite4.dll - app use this file, all fine

2. app/plugins/sqldrivers/qsqlite4.dll - driver found, not loaded (with adding libraryPath "plugins");

3. app/sqldrivers/qsqlite.dll - driver not found, not loaded

In advance thank you all for the information..

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Default Re: App found qsqlite4.dll driver file but still "Driver not loaded"

After hours of dance with tambourine i found a solution: in my project the QSqlDatabase definition is in MainWindow class before MainWindow initialization (for class scope), and apparently the qsqlite4.dll does not initialized before that step. I do not understand why this don't happened when i used "QTDIR/mingw/plugins" (by default) as plugins folder, but when i rewrite QSqlDatabase initialization it work fine with deployment dll.

Old, work fine only with QTDIR/mingw/plugins:
    Qt Code:
    1. QSqlDatabase db = QSqlDatabase::addDatabase("QSQLITE");
    2. MainWindow::MainWindow(QWidget *parent) : QMainWindow(parent), ui(new Ui::MainWindow)
    3. {
    4. }

New, work fine with deployment dll:
    Qt Code:
    1. MainWindow::MainWindow(QWidget *parent) : QMainWindow(parent), ui(new Ui::MainWindow)
    2. {
    3. db = db.addDatabase("QSQLITE");
    4. }

Be careful not to repeat my mistakes

3. The following user says thank you to merelendor for this useful post:

Mobility (8th April 2013)

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: App found qsqlite4.dll driver file but still "Driver not loaded"

You should never store the QSqlDatabase object anywhere. Use the static functions to the the database on a local variable and let it go out of scope. Use of global is not recommended.