Thread: Windows change hardware acceleration setting

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Windows change hardware acceleration setting

Hi all.

I'm using Qt 3.3.1 on Windows XP. The application that I'm writing is essentially a starter application that fires off a bunch of executables in a specific order. One of the executables has problems in certain environments (read: hardware) when hardware graphics acceleration is turned to full. I've looked through the MSDN documentation to no avail and was hoping that one of the more experienced graphics coders would be able to help. What I'm wanting to do since some of the applications I'm starting are pretty graphics intensive is to programatically change the hardware acceleration settings before starting the application with problems and then restoring the graphics settings to the previous level. I've manually set the acceleration level to an acceptable level, started the application with problems and then restored the acceleration level with no problems. Any questions for clarification or help are welcomed. Thanks in advance.
    The end of time is reached around the year 8000, by which time we expect Qt to be obsolete.

-Note in QDate documentation. It's nice that Qt has been able to predict when the world will end.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: Windows change hardware acceleration setting

This is an extremely platform specific request, so you really need to dig deeper into MSDN. The answer is most probably there. However, knowing some of Microsoft's policies, if you cannot find a way to control it they do now want you to control it programmatically. It should be up to the user to control those settings, not an application.