Thread: Possible to port QML Recipe ListView (expandingdelegates.qml) to QtGui?

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows Maemo/MeeGo

Default Possible to port QML Recipe ListView (expandingdelegates.qml) to QtGui?

Hello all,

I'm fairly new to Qt, but I've been plowing through examples and am lusting over this expanding listbox QML interface as seen in:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2x_bS4M3jhY

QML file is available at: http://doc.qt.nokia.com/4.7-snapshot...gates-qml.html

I was able to successfully import this into my PySide project using QDeclarativeView. I was even able to import some QtGui widgets into the QML using the impressive but incomplete Qt Desktop components for QML ( http://labs.qt.nokia.com/2011/03/10/...s-for-desktop/ ).

Eventually it became apparent that QtQuick is completely geared toward touch driven mobile devices. I can't get a real scrollbar for the life of me outside of the experimental desktop components. The scrollwheel is only available through an extension. Unfortunately the Qml desktop components, while extremely cool, did not seem to expose signals such as link activated. But finally, the dealbreaker was not being able to get a browser with actual scrollbars. I think the conclusion here is that Qml is not ready for full desktop apps, so I think I'm punting on that.

So, next best thing would be to implement this via a listview item delegate? Is that within the realm of possibility? Anyone have examples of expanding listview delegates available? Appreciate it.

Default Re: Possible to port QML Recipe ListView (expandingdelegates.qml) to QtGui?

I am curious about your problems with the scrollbars. They should be usable with any content area. You can use the ScrollArea for that. The Browser example bundles with desktop components demonstrates this.