Thread: How to get all column data from a single row with a QTableView and doubleclick

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Maemo/MeeGo

Default How to get all column data from a single row with a QTableView and doubleclick

Hello
    I was wondering if anyone could tell me the best way to get and display all the column data from a tableview, i currently have a model and pass it to the qtableview and i have used the doubleclick signal/slot to display a field when a column is clicked using the index. So for example if i have a 3 columns in a row "firstname" "middlename" "lastname" and i click the first firstname column in the view my slot displays the name i just clicked on with qdebug, but i need it to display all 3 fields from the row. Does anyone know the best way to make this work? Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,015 Times in 4,792 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Android Maemo/MeeGo
    Wiki edits

Default Re: How to get all column data from a single row with a QTableView and doubleclick

Where do you want to display the values?
    Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile.

Please ask Qt related questions on the forum and not using private messages or visitor messages.

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Maemo/MeeGo

Default Re: How to get all column data from a single row with a QTableView and doubleclick

I just want to display from the console running this on linux. This is how i have the slot defined now

void MainUi::doubleClicked( QModelIndex index )
    {
    QItemSelectionModel* selmodel = MyTableView->selectionModel();
    QModelIndex current = selmodel->currentIndex(); // the "current" item
    QModelIndexList selected = selmodel->selectedIndexes(); // list of "selected" items

qDebug() << "current item = " << current.data();
    }

this displays the value of the field i have clicked on. So what i need is to basically click on the first field in the column on a single row and not only display its value but also display the other 2 values in the columns next to it in the row, meaning the last 2 if this was a row of 3 columns. For now im just displaying using qDebug() in the slot.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,015 Times in 4,792 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Android Maemo/MeeGo
    Wiki edits

Use QModelIndex::sibling() or QAbstractItemModel::index() to get other model indexes from the same row.
    Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile.

Please ask Qt related questions on the forum and not using private messages or visitor messages.

5. The following user says thank you to wysota for this useful post:

azalea (5th March 2019)

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Maemo/MeeGo

Thanks wysota