Thread: Last pressed QPushButton looses alpha-transparency setting

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Question Last pressed QPushButton looses alpha-transparency setting

Hi, I'm using qt 4.7 on Ubuntu 11.04 host, and Freescale i.MX 2.6.35 target, and I'm pretty successful, so far.

I have a form with multiple QPushButtons with NoFocus focus policy.
    I want to make them red and semi-transparent, so I set CSS to background-color:rgba(255, 0, 0, 30%);

After I build and run the application for host pc (ubuntu 11 x32 running on Sun Virtual Box 4), everything works fine.
    Buttons don't receive focus, they are semi-transparent, and stays like this, after I click them.

After this I build application for Freescale ARM9-based i.MX28 microcontroller, running Linux with 2.6.35 kernel.
    When application starts - everything is fine (buttons are semi-transparent). Then I click on one of the buttons, and it becomes solid red. Then I click another button, and on OnRelease even it becomes solid red, and previously pressed button returns to semi-transparent state.

So, it almost sounds like Qt remembers last pressed button?, and use some different method(s) to paint it? And It seems like this method that paints last pressed button has a bug in alpha-channel display for the Embedded Build? Is there such setting under Qt?
    Can I disable this, so the button remains transparent all the time?
    This "last pressed" button has nothing to do with Focus, as it is disabled, and I tested it with Focus (it displays as dotted rectangle).

PS: My goal is to make QPushButton functional, but fully transparent. I used semi-transparency in the example above, just to show that the button only looses alpha-transparency, setting, when "last pressed".
    Maybe there are simpler ways to make transparent buttons?

Thanks!
    -Max

Thanks
    Thanked 5,015 Times in 4,792 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Android Maemo/MeeGo
    Wiki edits

Default Re: Last pressed QPushButton looses alpha-transparency setting

If you want transparent buttons then just subclass QAbstractButton and implement what you want. The effect you are having is related to the fact that a button can have different states and you are only setting a stylesheet for the default state. I don't know if your button is getting a focus or becomes a default button but its state changes and your stylesheet fails.
    Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile.

Please ask Qt related questions on the forum and not using private messages or visitor messages.

3. The following user says thank you to wysota for this useful post:

mmaaxx (8th September 2011)

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Thanks wysota, that's what I end up doing. Also overloading and leaving empty paintEvent method worked.
    But css didn't worked, it wasn't focus or default (I was setting no focus and no default and no autodefault in the code).

Thanks
    Thanked 5,015 Times in 4,792 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Android Maemo/MeeGo
    Wiki edits

Quote Originally Posted by mmaaxx View Post
    (I was setting no focus and no default and no autodefault in the code).
    Those can change as a result of clicking the button.
    Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile.

Please ask Qt related questions on the forum and not using private messages or visitor messages.