Thread: Need help installing Qwt

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: Need help installing Qwt

I checked again and I now did find a shell in the Qt SDK folder from the Programs menu. It was in the 'Desktop' subfolder and is called 'Qt 4.7.3 for Desktop (MinGW)'. I hope that's the right one.
    It still doesn't find 'make' in that shell, but it does recognize 'qmake', so I figure that's okay.
    In your working enviroment (QT/MinGW) you haven't the 'make' command, instead you have the 'mingw32-make': so you have to follow these steps: qmake, mingw32-make and finally mingw32-make install;

I left the Qwt source files in the 'C:\qwt-6.0.1' because I perhaps misread your remark that it may be 'confusing' to mean that Qwt would create a similarly named folder in C:\ that might confuse *me* later on.
    But now it seems that Qwt tried to install into exactly that same folder. The installation worked mostly fine, but it did show a few errors and tried to copy a few files onto themselves, so I suppose it was a bad idea leaving the source folder there.
    (I tried renaming it prior to installation, but I got file not found errors when I started the install process and so I just went with the original name.)
    As Spitfire said you can place your Qwt source folder where you want, but, in my opinion, it might confuse you later since C:\ is also the installation target.

Try to change the Qwt sources place (..maybe on desktop?), clean all the past installation tries (AFAIK just delete the C:\Qwt-... directory) and then try to rebuild/install using 'mingw32-make' command.

At the end of the install procedure, you should find inside the C:\Qwt.. directory the compiled libreries (.a and .dll), the headers, and the QT designer plugin.

Hope this may helps.

Ciao,
    Marco
    Last edited by mpita; 5th October 2011 at 16:44.

2. The following user says thank you to mpita for this useful post:

Computer Hater (6th October 2011)