Hi.
I've just downloaded Qwt and am trying to install it. I'm not very good with this system environment stuff and a friend helped me install Qt, so I have a few questions despite reading the Qwt INSTALL file.
My system is Windows Vista Home Premium and I'm using Qt Creator with a MinGW toolchain.

From the Qwt INSTALL file:

Start a Shell, where Qt4 is initialized. ( F.e. with
"Programs->Qt by Trolltech ...->Qt 4.x.x Command Prompt" ).
Check if you can execute "make" or something like "mingw32-make".

qmake qwt.pro
make
make install
1.) It doesn't mention where to install Qwt. I just unzipped it and copied it into C:\qwt-6.0.1. Is that okay ? Or should I put it in my Qt Projects folder ?

2.) What does "a shell where Qt4 is initialized" mean ? I suppose it means that the make command is recognized. But when I open Windows Command Prompt, it isn't.
When I type "make ?", it says it's not recognized as an internal or external command.
The Program Menu folder "Qt SDK" only has the "MADDE Terminal" shell. But I haven't used this before, whether for installing Qt or otherwise.

3.) Can I maybe build it directly from the Qt Creator Projects menu instead of using the shell commands, seeing that there are qmake calls in the build steps ?
I tried just building the project from there. It seems to have compiled, but then when I tried to run it it said the process could not be started.