Hi!

I know this is a real newbie question, but what should I do in order to be able to compile with Qt Creator? I have just removed Qt library from my computer, and installer Qt Creator instead, since I realized Qt and Visual Studio wasn't a very good idea after having heard about Qt Creator. However, when I try to compile, I get the following build issue:

Qt Code:
  1. The Qt version is invalid: qmake does not exist or is not executable
To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 

Also, many guides and tutorials for Qt Creator says that you should select Qt version by going into Tools->Options...->Qt4 and from there select the version after clicking the Add button, but they don't say where you look for it or how to get one if you don't have one. Other tutorials just don't mention it at all.

Before, when I still had Qt library installed, I had selected a qmake.exe file but it was deleted when I removed Qt library, and there has never been any Qt versions auto-detected by Qt Creator. However, when I had qmake.exe on my computer, I still wasn't able to compile because it complained about not being able to find uic.exe.

So, should I be able to compile after having installed Qt Creator only? In that case, where do I find qmake.exe or how can I fix that build issue? If I shouldn't be able to compile, what do I need to install more in order to be able to do that? I know that it will work if I just install Qt SDK, but it takes up so much space on the computer, and I'm kind of running out of hard disc space. A friend of mine said he had installed only Qt Creator and it worked for him, that's why I think it's strange that it doesn't work for me. Thanks in advance.