In my application I am displaying an image on the MainWindow and also the same exact image in a smaller widget just below. For this I have a QGraphicsView, QGraphicsScene and a QGraphicsItem to display the image. And there are zooming capabilities as well.

Now what I am trying to do is on the small image below, which never changes, I created a QGraphicsRectItem so that when I zoom in the big main image, the rectangle item that is displayed only on the small image, to be as a reference of how much I am zoomed and which portion of the original image I am looking at. Also I want to be able to move this rectangle and have it scroll the main image when I move it.

The problems I am having is making the QGraphicsRectItem on the scene behave as I want it. For this I have a subclass of QGraphicsRectItem and that item is added to the scene so it is displaying the rectangle on top of the small image fine. I managed to get the events when I press, move and release on the small view, but those events are entered no matter where in the small image I press or move, etc. and I need it to only respond when the press and move are in the Rectangle (when my intention is to move the rectangle).

For this I tried implementing the HoverEnter and HoverLeave events on the Rect Item but they are never reached. Also to resize the rectangle when I zoom in I tried with setRect and it doesn’t do anything, the rectangle stays the same size on the scene. Can anyone please help me I would really appreciate any ideas, or tips on what might be wrong.

Thanks!