Hi,

I have broken several braincells, trying to find out how QSqlDatabase establishes a TCP/IP connection with another computer/server.

What I want to do is the following:
I want to force the socket that QSqlDatabase is using to establish a TCP/IP connection with another computer to use openssl with a predefined client-key.pem, client-x509-cert.pem, and ca-cert.pem.

I am using a MySQL v5.5 database hosted on a different computer e.g. 192.168.1.25. It is configured properly to accept (open)SSL connections.
My QT4 application runs on, and is programmed for Linux (I am using Ubuntu 11.04).
My application can establish a connection with the MySQL server without any problems - though without using SSL.

I have read the MySQL C API and understand that prior to the db.open(), you need to set the mysql_ssl_set() (see also http://developer.qt.nokia.com/forums/viewthread/415)
I have played around with the code but cannot force the connection to use my specific ca, keys and certificates.
I have also read that specifying connection options like I do (db.setConnectOptions("CLIENT_SSL=1;CLIENT_IGNORE_ SPACE=1") is limited to forcing the client to use SSL, but that there is no way to define the SSL specifics?

I hope that anyone has an idea how I can get to the socket - called by QSqlDatabase, when it establishes a connection... or can tell me how to define the connection so that it uses the pems...
Thank you in advance!