Thread: Compile QWT for ARM linux

Default Compile QWT for ARM linux

I am writing an application using qwt runs on arm Linux, QWT was complied successfully, and I was able to compile and run my program using QwtPlot runs on Desktop Ubuntu 11.04. However, I got the following error while compiling to arm.

root@zuoshu-laptop:/home/zuoshu/qtProjects/QtGUIsample# make
    /opt/qt-4.7.1/bin/uic mainwindow.ui -o ui_mainwindow.h
    arm-linux-g++ -c -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_NETWORK_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/opt/qt-4.7.1/mkspecs/qws/linux-arm-g++ -I. -I/opt/qt-4.7.1/include/QtCore -I/opt/qt-4.7.1/include/QtNetwork -I/opt/qt-4.7.1/include/QtGui -I/opt/qt-4.7.1/include -I/usr/local/qwt-6.0.1/include -I. -I. -o main.o main.cpp
    arm-linux-g++ -c -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_NETWORK_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/opt/qt-4.7.1/mkspecs/qws/linux-arm-g++ -I. -I/opt/qt-4.7.1/include/QtCore -I/opt/qt-4.7.1/include/QtNetwork -I/opt/qt-4.7.1/include/QtGui -I/opt/qt-4.7.1/include -I/usr/local/qwt-6.0.1/include -I. -I. -o mainwindow.o mainwindow.cpp
    /opt/qt-4.7.1/bin/moc -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_NETWORK_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/opt/qt-4.7.1/mkspecs/qws/linux-arm-g++ -I. -I/opt/qt-4.7.1/include/QtCore -I/opt/qt-4.7.1/include/QtNetwork -I/opt/qt-4.7.1/include/QtGui -I/opt/qt-4.7.1/include -I/usr/local/qwt-6.0.1/include -I. -I. mainwindow.h -o moc_mainwindow.cpp
    arm-linux-g++ -c -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_NETWORK_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/opt/qt-4.7.1/mkspecs/qws/linux-arm-g++ -I. -I/opt/qt-4.7.1/include/QtCore -I/opt/qt-4.7.1/include/QtNetwork -I/opt/qt-4.7.1/include/QtGui -I/opt/qt-4.7.1/include -I/usr/local/qwt-6.0.1/include -I. -I. -o moc_mainwindow.o moc_mainwindow.cpp
    arm-linux-g++ -Wl,-O1 -Wl,-rpath,/opt/qt-4.7.1/lib -o QtGUIsample main.o mainwindow.o moc_mainwindow.o -L/opt/qt-4.7.1/lib -L/usr/local/qwt-6.0.1/lib/ -lqwt -lQtGui -L/usr/local/tslib/lib -L/opt/qt-4.7.1/lib -lQtNetwork -lQtCore -lpthread
    /usr/local/arm/4.4.1/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/4.4.1/../../../../arm-none-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/local/qwt-6.0.1/lib//libqwt.so when searching for -lqwt
    /usr/local/arm/4.4.1/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/4.4.1/../../../../arm-none-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld: cannot find -lqwt
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    make: *** [QtGUIsample] Error 1
    root@zuoshu-laptop:/home/zuoshu/qtProjects/QtGUIsample#

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: Compile QWT for ARM linux

Obviously /usr/local/qwt-6.0.1/lib//libqwt.so was not built for ARM.

Uwe

Please teach me how to build qwt for arm. I have already run my helloworld widget on my arm device. Thank you!

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

Edit qwtconfig.pri and change the install directory ( to avoid conflicts with your PC build ). Then use qmake from the version you have built for ARM ( or use qmake -spec ..." and Qwt should be built with your cross compiler. You can disable "CONFIG += silent" in qwtbuild.pri to see if the right compiler gets started.

For cross compiling your application you have to configure qmake to use the ARM version of Qwt ( read INSTALL ) and use "CONFIG += qwt" in the project file of your application.

Uwe

Qt products
    Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Symbian S60 Maemo/MeeGo

Dear Uwe, i already did as per instruction from you, however i got another problem, it's regarding to QtDesigner:

make[1]: Entering directory `/home/hunglq/qwt-download/qwt-6.0/textengines'
    cd mathml/ && make -f Makefile
    make[2]: Entering directory `/home/hunglq/qwt-download/qwt-6.0/textengines/mathml'
    make[2]: Nothing to be done for `first'.
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/hunglq/qwt-download/qwt-6.0/textengines/mathml'
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/hunglq/qwt-download/qwt-6.0/textengines'
    cd designer/ && make -f Makefile
    make[1]: Entering directory `/home/hunglq/qwt-download/qwt-6.0/designer'
    rm -f libqwt_designer_plugin.so
    /usr/local/arm/bin/arm-none-linux-gnueabi-g++ -Wl,-rpath,/usr/local/Qt/lib -shared -o libqwt_designer_plugin.so obj/qwt_designer_plugin.o obj/qwt_designer_plotdialog.o obj/moc_qwt_designer_plugin.o obj/moc_qwt_designer_plotdialog.o obj/qrc_qwt_designer_plugin.o -L/usr/local/tslib/lib -L/usr/local/Qt/lib -L/home/hunglq/qwt-download/qwt-6.0/designer/../lib -lqwt -lQtScript -L/usr/local/Qt/lib -L/usr/local/tslib/lib -lQtXml -lQtGui -lQtNetwork -lQtCore -lQtDesigner -lpthread
    /usr/local/arm/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/4.4.3/../../../../arm-none-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld: cannot find -lQtDesigner
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    make[1]: *** [plugins/designer/libqwt_designer_plugin.so] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/hunglq/qwt-download/qwt-6.0/designer'
    make: *** [sub-designer-make_default-ordered] Error 2
    I'm using ubuntu 10.04... qtsdk 4.7.3, qt-everywhere 4.6.2, and qwt 6.0.2...

Do you have any solution to help me solve this problem? Please let me know... thx alots...

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

It doesn't make any sense to cross-compile the designer plugin for the target platform, when the designer is not intended to run there ( at least you have disabled the designer itself in your Qt build ). Edit qwtconfig.pri and disable building it.

From the INSTALL file:

qwtconfig.pri and qwtbuild.pri are read by all project files of the Qwt
    package. qwtconfig.pri is also read by qwt.prf, when building your
    application. So the first step is to edit the *.pri files to adjust
    them to your needs.

Uwe