Hello everybody,

I am new to QT.
I have just installed qt and qwt and finally, after some struggle (I compiled qwt with qmake,etc, as described in their installation steps) it works well.

What I need to do now is to extend some of the classes that come with qwt.
I would like for example, besides the QwPlot, to have an oscilloscope like class (like the one from the exemples comming with qwt).

I tried to make a class extension and included it by hand to the ui.h (which is generated by Qt Designer).
I realised that Qt Designer does not do a both ways synchronisation (from code to GUI too).

I guess the only way to have the extended class visible would be to have make an custom widget out of it.
Is this right?

If yes, I tried to make it, but at a certain point while compiling under Visual Studio 2008 I get this error:

>moc_PlotOscilloscope.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: static struct QMetaObject const QwtPlot::staticMetaObject" (?staticMetaObject@QwtPlot@@2UQMetaObject@@B)
1>test_designerplugin.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall PlotOscilloscope::PlotOscilloscope(class QWidget *)" (??0PlotOscilloscope@@QAE@PAVQWidget@@@Z) referenced in function "public: virtual class QWidget * __thiscall test_designerPlugin::createWidget(class QWidget *)" (?createWidget@test_designerPlugin@@UAEPAVQWidget@ @PAV2@@Z)

Could you advice?

Also could you recommand me a book explaining the phylosophy behind QT and the workflow
one has to follow in order to have Visual Studio and QT work the best?

Thank you.

Regards,
Cristian