Thread: Vertical QToolBar

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4

Default Vertical QToolBar

Hi everyone!
    I hope i can get some help here. I'm trying to align the QActions in vertical QToolbar to the left, but i don't know how to achieve this.
    I got a QToolbar with ->setOrientation( Qt::Vertical ) and setToolButtonStyle(Qt::ToolButtonTextBesideIcon)
    I am adding QActions with addAction(). All QActions are aligned centered, how can i have them all aligned to the left?
    Thanks for any help.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: Vertical QToolBar

If you are using designer, simply drag the toolbar. QToolBar::setOrientation should not be used when the toolbar is used with mainwindow. Use QMainWindow::addToolBar and QMainWindow::insertToolBar to move it around.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4

Hi thanks for your answer but it seems my questions was not precise enough.
    I'm not having a problem making a QToolBar vertical. This works perfectly. I'm adding a QToolBar to a QDockWidget programmatically which is on the left side of the aplication window.
    The problems begin when i start to add QActions to this QToolBar:
    The QActions are all centered horizontally, but i want them to be aligned to the left inside the QToolbar.

Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

I am having the same issue. When moving a QToolBar to a vertical position the QActions within the toolbar are "center" aligned. I have attached an image showing what is happening. Anyone have a clue as to how these actions can be left or right aligned? This is part of a form created within QT Designer.

thanks,
    toolbar.png

Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

has someone solved this issue?

Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Windows

In designer you have to drag the toolbar towards the middle left side of the window. When the area lights up blue you can let go.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    Windows

In designer you have to drag the toolbar towards the middle left side of the window. When the area lights up blue you can let go
    Your answer has nothing to do with the problem. The problem is not "How do I add a vertical toolbar when using Qt Designer?", it is "When I add a vertical toolbar, how do I get the icons and text to be left justified instead of centered?"

As for the original question, I think one solution would be to derive a custom QToolButton and override the QToolButton::paintEvent() to draw the icon and text with the desired alignment. In this case, you would use QToolBar::addWidget() to insert the buttons and not one of the QToolbar::addAction() methods (since these will insert a standard QToolButton and not your custom one).
    <=== The Great Pumpkin says ===>
    Please use CODE tags when posting source code so it is more readable. Click "Go Advanced" and then the "#" icon to insert the tags. Paste your code between them.