Hi,

I'm trying to compile Qt 4.7.4 with Solaris Studio 12.3 on a 64 bit Linux box, and the process seems to fail in the configure step already. This is what I'm doing:

Qt Code:
  1. export CC=cc
  2. export CXX=CC
  3. export CXXFLAGS="-library=stlport4 -features=tmplife -features=tmplrefstatic +d"
  4. ./configure
  6. ...
  8. CC -c -o qutfcodec.o -m64 -pipe -DQMAKE_OPENSOURCE_EDITION -I. -Igenerators -Igenerators/unix -Igenerators/win32 -Igenerators/mac -Igenerators/symbian -I/home/akos/src/qt/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.7.4/include -I/home/akos/src/qt/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.7.4/include/QtCore -I/home/akos/src/qt/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.7.4/src/corelib/global -I/home/akos/src/qt/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.7.4/src/corelib/xml -I/home/akos/src/qt/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.7.4/tools/shared -DQT_NO_PCRE -DQT_BUILD_QMAKE -DQT_BOOTSTRAPPED -DQLIBRARYINFO_EPOCROOT -DQT_NO_TEXTCODEC -DQT_NO_UNICODETABLES -DQT_NO_COMPONENT -DQT_NO_STL -DQT_NO_COMPRESS -I/home/akos/src/qt/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.7.4/mkspecs/linux-g++-64 -DHAVE_QCONFIG_CPP -DQT_NO_THREAD -DQT_NO_QOBJECT -DQT_NO_GEOM_VARIANT /home/akos/src/qt/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.7.4/src/corelib/codecs/qutfcodec.cpp
  9. CC: Warning: Option -pipe passed to ld, if ld is invoked, ignored otherwise
  10. "/home/akos/src/qt/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.7.4/include/QtCore/../../src/corelib/global/qendian.h", line 278: Error: The function "bswap_64" must have a prototype.
  11. 1 Error(s) detected.
  12. make: *** [qutfcodec.o] Error 2
To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 

did anyone manage to compile Qt using Solaris Studio, especially on Linux?

(my original goal is not manual compilation per se, but it seems that when linking objects compiled with CC, CC doesn't find the appropriate symbols in the Qt shared object files that come for Linux)

Akos