Thread: Qwt 6.0 on Mac OSX

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Default Qwt 6.0 on Mac OSX

Hi all,

I didn't get any response on the qwt mailing list, so maybe there's some help in here:

I have to port an existing project to OSX but have to admit that I am not at all an expert on OSX.
    I have OSX 10.6 on a Macbook pro and tried to compile qwt with the examples.

The steps I did

- Install the Qt SDK with 4.7.4
    - Download qwt-6.0 from svn
    - In QtCreator: Create project for debug and release for every Qt version
    - Compile the release version with QtCreator (src compiled, examples didn't)
    - from console: make install

Now, I have the framework in /usr/local/qwt-6.0.2-svn and also the prf and pri files in features
    Also, this is in the source/lib directory of the downloaded qwt.

Unfortunately, the examples don't compile. The framework is not found. What I additionally did, then is to add

Qt Code:
    1. LIBS += -F$${QWT_ROOT}/lib
    2. qtAddLibrary(qwt)
    To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 

in the examples.pro file. This may explain a part of the output that I get from compiling

Qt Code:
    1. make: Entering directory `/Users/rthaden/src/qwt-build-desktop-Desktop_Qt_4_7_4_for_GCC__Qt_SDK__Release/examples'
    3. cd cpuplot/ && /usr/bin/make -f Makefile
    5. make[1]: Entering directory `/Users/rthaden/src/qwt-build-desktop-Desktop_Qt_4_7_4_for_GCC__Qt_SDK__Release/examples/cpuplot'
    7. g++-4.2 -headerpad_max_install_names -arch x86_64 -Xarch_x86_64 -mmacosx-version-min=10.5 -o ../../../qwt-6.0/examples/bin/cpuplot.app/Contents/MacOS/cpuplot obj/cpuplot.o obj/cpustat.o obj/cpupiemarker.o obj/moc_cpuplot.o -F/Users/rthaden/QtSDK/Desktop/Qt/474/gcc/lib -L/Users/rthaden/QtSDK/Desktop/Qt/474/gcc/lib -F/Users/rthaden/src/qwt-6.0/examples/../lib -framework qwt -framework QtGui -framework QtCore
    9. ld: framework not found qwt
    11. collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    13. make[1]: *** [../../../qwt-6.0/examples/bin/cpuplot.app/Contents/MacOS/cpuplot] Error 1
    15. make[1]: Leaving directory `/Users/rthaden/src/qwt-build-desktop-Desktop_Qt_4_7_4_for_GCC__Qt_SDK__Release/examples/cpuplot'
    17. make: *** [sub-cpuplot-make_default] Error 2
    19. make: Leaving directory `/Users/rthaden/src/qwt-build-desktop-Desktop_Qt_4_7_4_for_GCC__Qt_SDK__Release/examples'
    21. 10:12:51: Der Prozess "/usr/bin/make" wurde mit dem Rückgabewert 2 beendet.
    23. Fehler beim Erstellen des Projekts qwt(Ziel: Desktop)
    25. Bei der Ausführung von Build-Schritt 'Make'

I added a message command to see the CONFIG and QWT_CONFIG defines in the project:

Qt Code:
    1. Project MESSAGE: lex yacc warn_on debug uic resources sdk rez qt warn_on release app_bundle incremental global_init_link_order lib_version_first plugin_no_soname link_prl def_files_disabled exceptions no_mocdepend debug stl qt_framework x86_64 release
    4. Project MESSAGE: QwtDll QwtPlot QwtWidgets QwtExamples QwtFramework

Any ideas what's wrong?

--
    Thanks in advance,

Rainer

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: Qwt 6.0 on Mac OSX

Hey,

Did you ever get this sorted? I'm struggling with the same problem. I'm currently using 5.2.2 as the libraries are easy to link against, trying to update to 6.0.1 (which uses frameworks) is a nightmare though.

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

The first step is always to read the INSTALL file:

qwtconfig.pri and qwtbuild.pri are read by all project files of the Qwt
    package. qwtconfig.pri is also read by qwt.prf, when building your
    application. So the first step is to edit the *.pri files to adjust
    them to your needs.
    In qwtconfig.pri you can configure if you want to use frameworks - the defaults setting is derived from your qmake environment ( see qt_framework ).
    Never tried it myself, but when you remove "QWT_CONFIG += QwtFramework" from qwtconfig.pri you should be able to build regular libs.

Uwe

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

Top job, ta. I had no idea it was optional.

I do get a 'dyld: Library not loaded: libqwt.6.dylib' now, I guess I need to look at the files themselves?

Qt products
    Qt3
    Platforms
    MacOS X

Because of difficulty I have had getting this to work I am posting my solution(At least it seems to work).

I too was getting the message "'dyld: Library not loaded: libqwt.6.dylib' ". I finally copied the framework directory to \Library\Frameworks directory and it started working.

Ken