Thread: Android Installation - how and where to add/store changing user files?

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows Android

Question Android Installation - how and where to add/store changing user files?

Using the Necessitas Qt Creator on Ubuntu, I am currently porting a program to Android. Starting it in the emulator works by now, but:

The program needs some specific files to work with. Not all of these can go into the qrc, because the files will be changed (and eventually exchanged) by user interaction.

1. - Is there a concept like a "working directory / programm directory" in the Android/Linux world?
    2. - Where is the best place to store these files (a few xml-files, small pictures, later some audio data etc)?
    3. - How can those files be "bound" to an apk and automatically be copied to the right location?

Any answer or hint for further reading would be gratefully appreciated. The problem must be quite comon but I have not found solutions, maybe I need better search vocab.

P.S.: My questions may actually sound a bit stupid, even to myself - it's about the first time I lean out my windows (ok: C64, Atari ST, Amiga, MS-Dos... but that doesn't count, I guess :-))

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: Android Installation - how and where to add/store changing user files?

Android is might not yet fully compatible with the Qt. So, better use their own sdk.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows Android

Default Re: Android Installation - how and where to add/store changing user files?

Hi, thanks for answering! The Necessitas project is not even beta, that's right. But actually it's sufficient to run my program - my question above, though,
    is (at least as far as I can see) probably more like a general Linux deployment problem, not some Necessitas restriction.

Still nobody with an idea to the questions above? Especially 3. - is vitally important for me.

But perhaps I misunderstand your answer, sonulohani: is it possible to "bind" additional files to an apk with the original sdk after compiling a qt code?