Hi guys,

I'm trying to compile a project I found online here: https://sites.google.com/site/mcvibot2011sep/home which uses QT, OpenCV and C++. I have followed all the installation steps (https://sites.google.com/site/mcvibot2011sep/download) mentioned for Windows but it still doesn't work.

The issue is that I get some strange errors like:
..\RotationalOffset\main.cpp(5) error: C1083: Cannot open include file: 'dirent.h': No such file or directory

My first guess is that this project needs to be compiled with mingw (which has an include directory with all the required .h files) using its g++ compiler but maybe it's using a different compiler?

Compiler output:
Qt Code:
  1. ..\RotationalOffset\main.cpp(5) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'dirent.h': No such file or directory
  2. cl -c -nologo -Zm200 -Zc:wchar_t- -Zi -MDd -GR -EHsc -W3 -w34100 -w34189 -DUNICODE -DWIN32 -DQT_LARGEFILE_SUPPORT -DQT_DLL -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_HAVE_MMX -DQT_HAVE_3DNOW -DQT_HAVE_SSE -DQT_HAVE_MMXEXT -DQT_HAVE_SSE2 -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -I"c:\QtSDK\Desktop\Qt\4.8.1\msvc2010\include\QtCore" -I"c:\QtSDK\Desktop\Qt\4.8.1\msvc2010\include\QtGui" -I"c:\QtSDK\Desktop\Qt\4.8.1\msvc2010\include" -I"..\generalizedFourierDescriptor" -I"..\generalizedFourierDescriptorGray" -I"..\segmentation" -I"..\ihls_nhs" -I"..\post_processing" -I"..\rational_supershape_2d" -I"..\RotationalOffset" -I"..\RoadSignDetection" -I"..\3rdparty" -I"c:\OpenCV-2.3.1\install\include" -I"c:\OpenCV-2.3.1\install\include\opencv" -I"c:\OpenCV-2.3.1\install\include\opencv2" -I"c:\QtSDK\Desktop\Qt\4.8.1\msvc2010\include\ActiveQt" -I"debug" -I"." -I"c:\QtSDK\Desktop\Qt\4.8.1\msvc2010\mkspecs\win32-msvc2010" -Fodebug\ @C:\Users\Sergiu\AppData\Local\Temp\RoadSignDetector.obj.972.187.jom
  3. RoadSignDetector.cpp
To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 

I would like to mention that I'm using Windows 7, Qt Creator 2.4.1 and I am very new to QT.

I've also tried to specify another include path in the .pro file to the include folder C:\QtSDK\mingw\include\ but I get a lot of errors like it doesn't recognize the elements from the header files.

Any ideas on why I can't compile this?

Please help,
Vlad