Thread: Documentation

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Default Documentation

Hi I'm loving having the documentation just an f1 click away and am looking for a way to be able to access the boost documentation like this to.
    I have the Boost documentation in .html format and presume there must be a way to convert to .qch using Doxygen as this is how the Doxygen creation of qch files is described as working. Unfortunately I cannot find any documentation on how to achieve this. Has anyone else had any success creating .qch files from html and If so how was it done.
    Thanks.

Qt products
    Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Default Re: Documentation

Normally I have Doxygen generate the html output and qch file together by specifying the GENERATE_QHP, QHG_LOCATION, QCH_FILE, QHP_NAMESPACE and other related Qt specific settings in the configuration file I pass to doxygen. In order to generate the qch file, Doxygen internally creates a Qt help project file (.qhp) and then uses qhelpgenerator (which ships with the Qt libraries) to generate the final qch file.

Since you already have the html output, you would have to generate the qhp file manually and call qhelpgenerator. This link shows you the format of a Qt help project file; this link shows you how to call qhelpgenerator.

If you have access to the source files from which the Boost documentation was generated, another option would be to have Doxygen regenerate the html output. The advantage of this approach is that you could easily configure Doxygen to generate the qch file without having to manually create a Qt help project file yourself. As a reference, this is a stripped down version of the Doxygen configuration file I use to generate documentation for all .txt files within a particular folder:

PROJECT_NAME = "My Docs"
    OUTPUT_DIRECTORY = ./
    GENERATE_LATEX = NO
    GENERATE_MAN = NO
    GENERATE_RTF = NO
    CASE_SENSE_NAMES = NO
    HTML_DYNAMIC_SECTIONS = YES
    INPUT = ./
    FILE_PATTERNS = *.txt
    QUIET = NO
    JAVADOC_AUTOBRIEF = YES
    SEARCHENGINE = NO
    QHG_LOCATION = "qhelpgenerator"
    QHP_VIRTUAL_FOLDER = doc
    QCH_FILE = "./mydocs.qch"
    GENERATE_QHP = YES
    QHP_NAMESPACE = com.mycompany.myproject.mydocs
    RECURSIVE = YES
    IMAGE_PATH = ./images/

Hope this helps.

Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default working on that right now

Quote Originally Posted by wookie1 View Post
    Hi I'm loving having the documentation just an f1 click away and am looking for a way to be able to access the boost documentation like this to.
    I have the Boost documentation in .html format and presume there must be a way to convert to .qch using Doxygen as this is how the Doxygen creation of qch files is described as working. Unfortunately I cannot find any documentation on how to achieve this. Has anyone else had any success creating .qch files from html and If so how was it done.
    Thanks.
    working on that right now http://paradisim.gitorious.org