Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Edyuk : fully-featured, highly flexible and free cross-platform IDE

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: Edyuk : fully-featured, highly flexible and free cross-platform IDE

Quote Originally Posted by magland View Post
    Anyway now I get the following compilation error: (see end of message). Also, I had to add "#include <QDebug>" to a couple of the .cpp files... qgenericlanguagefactory.cpp, qshortcutmanager.cpp.

Any ideas? I'm using Windows XP SP2, GNU Make 3.80, Qt 4.2.1

qmakemodel\qmakeproject.cpp:507: warning: function 'void QMakeProject:ptions()
    ' is defined after prior declaration as dllimport: attribute ignored
    qmakemodel\qmakeproject.cpp: At global scope:
    qmakemodel\qmakeproject.cpp:513: warning: function 'virtual void QMakeProject::w
    rite(QTextStream&, QString, QProjectNode*)' is defined after prior declaration a
    s dllimport: attribute ignored
    qmakemodel\qmakeproject.cpp: In member function `virtual void QMakeProject::setu
    pMenu(QMenu*)':
    qmakemodel\qmakeproject.cpp:553: warning: function 'virtual void QMakeProject::s
    etupMenu(QMenu*)' is defined after prior declaration as dllimport: attribute ign
    ored
    qmakemodel\qmakeproject.cpp: In constructor `QMakeProjectPrivate::QMakeProjectPr
    ivate()':
    qmakemodel\qmakeproject.cpp:612: warning: function 'QMakeProjectPrivate::QMakePr
    ojectPrivate()' is defined after prior declaration as dllimport: attribute ignor
    ed
    qmakemodel\qmakeproject.cpp: In constructor `QMakeProjectPrivate::QMakeProjectPr
    ivate()':
    qmakemodel\qmakeproject.cpp:615: internal compiler error: in rest_of_handle_fina
    l, at toplev.c:2064
    Please submit a full bug report,
    with preprocessed source if appropriate.
    See <URL:http://www.mingw.org/bugs.shtml> for instructions.
    mingw32-make[2]: *** [..\tmp-default-4.2.1-\obj\debug\qmakeproject.o] Error 1
    mingw32-make[2]: Leaving directory `C:/cstuff/edyuk-0.9.0-beta/src/default'
    mingw32-make[1]: *** [debug] Error 2
    mingw32-make[1]: Leaving directory `C:/cstuff/edyuk-0.9.0-beta/src/default'
    mingw32-make: *** [sub-src_default-make_default] Error 2
    Not enough testing on Windows (none actually because I don't have any available windows PC to perform them). Sorry... This is actually very easy to fix :

src/default/qmakemodel/qmake.h :
    #if defined(_QMAKEMODEL_BUILD_)
    should be :
    #if defined(_QMAKE_MODEL_BUILD_)
    This should solve your troubles building the plugins.

Thanks for reporting this. I'll commit appropriate changes on SVN soon and advance the release of the rc1 to prevent too many people from facing similar troubles.
    Current Qt projects : QCodeEdit, RotiDeCode

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Quote Originally Posted by fullmetalcoder View Post
    This should solve your troubles building the plugins.
    Yes, thanks.

Now I get the following error (see below). Probably some trivial things, so perhaps we should take this debugging off the forum for now? (Jeremy.Magland at gmail.com)

Creating library file: ..\..\plugins\libdefault_debug.a
    ./..\tmp-default-4.2.1-\obj\debug\core.o(.text+0x26cd): In function `ZN11Default
    Core15parseCompileLogERK7QString':
    C:/cstuff/edyuk-0.9.0-beta/src/default/core.cpp:373: undefined reference to `Edy
    uk::makeAbsolute(QString const&, QString const&)'
    ./..\tmp-default-4.2.1-\obj\debug\core.o(.text$_ZN18CppCallbackHandler5ev entE7QS
    tring11QStringList[CppCallbackHandler::event(QString, QStringList)]+0x13e2): In
    function `ZN11DefaultCoreD0Ev':
    C:/cstuff/edyuk-0.9.0-beta/src/default/core.cpp:223: undefined reference to `Edy
    ukTemplateManager::create(QString const&, QString const&, QStringList*, QHash<QS
    tring, QString> const*) const'
    ./..\tmp-default-4.2.1-\obj\debug\core.o(.text$_ZN18CppCallbackHandler5ev entE7QS
    tring11QStringList[CppCallbackHandler::event(QString, QStringList)]+0x1425): In
    function `ZNK11DefaultCore4iconEv':
    C:/cstuff/edyuk-0.9.0-beta/src/default/core.cpp:226: undefined reference to `Edy
    ukTemplateManager::create(QString const&, QString const&, QStringList*, QHash<QS
    tring, QString> const*) const'
    ./..\tmp-default-4.2.1-\obj\debug\qrcedit.o(.text+0x616a): In function `ZN7QRCEd
    it7addFileEv':
    C:/cstuff/edyuk-0.9.0-beta/src/default/qrcedit.cpp:378: undefined reference to `
    Edyuk::makeRelative(QString const&, QString const&)'
    ./..\tmp-default-4.2.1-\obj\debug\qrcedit.o(.text+0x76bb): In function `ZN7QRCEd
    it11fileChangedEP15QTreeWidgetItemS1_':
    C:/cstuff/edyuk-0.9.0-beta/src/default/qrcedit.cpp:459: undefined reference to `
    -- More (7%) --

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Quote Originally Posted by magland View Post
    Now I get the following error (see below). Probably some trivial things, so perhaps we should take this debugging off the forum for now? (Jeremy.Magland at gmail.com)
    Sure, I've send you a solution to this by e-mail and will issue another beta really soon (as soon as you report proper compilation actually )

For the others, here comes the solution : the EDYUK_EXPORT macro needs to be added so that several classes/functions get exported properly under windows :

src/lib/edyuktemplatemanager.h :
    Qt Code:
    1. class EDYUK_EXPORT EdyukTemplateManager
    To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 

src/lib/edyuk.h :
    Qt Code:
    1. EDYUK_EXPORT QString settingsPath();
    2. EDYUK_EXPORT QString makeAbsolute(const QString& rel, const QString& abs);
    3. EDYUK_EXPORT QString makeRelative(const QString& src, const QString& ref);
    To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 
    Last edited by jacek; 2nd April 2007 at 18:16. Reason: wrapped too long line

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Thumbs up Re: Edyuk : fully-featured, highly flexible and free cross-platform IDE

We worked through the Windows-specific installation problems offline, and everything looks very nice indeed.

Windows users should wait for the corrected version to be released since there were a bunch of small adjustments.

... but I certainly like what I see... thanks for the help!

magland

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Smile Re: Edyuk : fully-featured, highly flexible and free cross-platform IDE

Here we go! Edyuk 0.9.0 had indeed many compilation problems under Window$ but, thanks to the perseverant feedback of Jeremy Magland, I've been able to fix them and also some potential crash issues.

A second beta is thus available which now feature real "platform independence" and several minor improvements! Enjoy!

https://sourceforge.net/project/show...ease_id=499004

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

It's still impossible to compile on FreeBSD 6.1
    Reason:
    gdbthread.cpp : line with

#ifdef OS_LINUX

should be

#ifdef OS_UNIX (I suppose)
    i
    I deleted this line wih it's corresponding #endif and the compilation goes well until the end. Sadly, when running edyuk after the 'make install', I get a core dump just a while after the splash screen appears :/

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Hi
    I compiled edyuk on windows but with the visual studio compiler and had some compilation problems, too.
    After finding some work arounds (which I may post soon after some more tests) the compilation finishes well.
    But when I try to start the program I face what I believe is the same problem hoborg has: Right after the splash screen appears the program terminates.

This only happens if the "default.*" library files are in the "\plugins" directory. Edyuk starts when there are no plugin files.

QtmPlayer

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Thanks for your suggestion, QTmplayer :)
    I deleted the .so file from plugins subdirectory and now edyuk starts.
    I still can't run it as a normal user - I had to do 'make install' as root and only root can start the environment (when I try as an user, nothing happens, even the splash screen doesn't appear).

------
    edit:

Well, I was celebrating too early. The environment launches well but after I select 'Open' it goes down with a core dump (Illegal instruction).

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

I must correct my old statement:
    This crash occurs only when I build the \lib, \exec and \default one after another and then run the executable.

When I do all these steps together by simply using the .pro file in the main directory it works perfectly after the workarounds have been installed.

I listed all workarounds in the "msvc_fix.txt" file attached to the post.

Hope this helps.

QtmPlayer

PS: Now Edyuk runs I admit that it's really nice work
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Quote Originally Posted by QTmplayer View Post
    I must correct my old statement:
    This crash occurs only when I build the \lib, \exec and \default one after another and then run the executable.

When I do all these steps together by simply using the .pro file in the main directory it works perfectly after the workarounds have been installed.
    Sounds weird but my poor knowledge of MSVC won't help here... You might consider reporting the bug to Trolltech...

I listed all workarounds in the "msvc_fix.txt" file attached to the post.

Hope this helps.
    This surely does! I'll fix the source as soon as possible.

PS: Now Edyuk runs I admit that it's really nice work
    I'm quite happy to see that my work satisfy you. Hope you'll have fun

The environment launches well but after I select 'Open' it goes down with a core dump (Illegal instruction).
    This is weird but I encountered this issue already under Pardus 2007. For an unknown reason the use of QCompleter (by QFileDialog, among others) seems to cause a crash... I admit I don't know how to fix this... Maybe you can confirm this guess by sending me a gdb backtrace. If it really is what I suggested, I shall report a bug to Trolltech, otherwise I'll try to fix this by hand.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default I don't compile edyuk-0.8.0-rc1

I geting this error :

C:\edyuk-0.8.0-rc1\src\exec>mingw32-make
    mingw32-make -f Makefile.Release
    mingw32-make[1]: Entering directory `C:/edyuk-0.8.0-rc1/src/exec'
    windres -i edyuk.rc -o ..\tmp\obj\exec\release\edyuk_res.o --include-dir=.
    cc1: unrecognized option `-E'
    windres: no resources
    mingw32-make[1]: *** [..\tmp\obj\exec\release\edyuk_res.o] Error 1
    mingw32-make[1]: Leaving directory `C:/edyuk-0.8.0-rc1/src/exec'
    mingw32-make: *** [release] Error 2

Please help ...

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: I don't compile edyuk-0.8.0-rc1

Quote Originally Posted by tebessum View Post
    I geting this error :

C:\edyuk-0.8.0-rc1\src\exec>mingw32-make
    mingw32-make -f Makefile.Release
    mingw32-make[1]: Entering directory `C:/edyuk-0.8.0-rc1/src/exec'
    windres -i edyuk.rc -o ..\tmp\obj\exec\release\edyuk_res.o --include-dir=.
    cc1: unrecognized option `-E'
    windres: no resources
    mingw32-make[1]: *** [..\tmp\obj\exec\release\edyuk_res.o] Error 1
    mingw32-make[1]: Leaving directory `C:/edyuk-0.8.0-rc1/src/exec'
    mingw32-make: *** [release] Error 2

Please help ...
    Compilation failed for 0.8.0-rc1 under Windows but if I remember well the error reported was not the one you encounter... I suggest you get Edyuk 0.9.0-beta2 instead (which is know to compile under Windows) or possibly the SVN trunk if you want to try latest enhancements and check your version of MinGW...

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

I tried compiling and running eduyk 0.9.0-beta2 on my Gentoo 64 box and find it just crashes on startup.

Here is the debug output

rebuilding recent files/projects menu...
    cleaned previous data...
    filled with new data...
    Initializing shortcuts...
    Initializing plugins...
    system plugins path : /home/jeremy/src/edyuk-0.9.0-beta2/plugins/

file : /home/jeremy/src/edyuk-0.9.0-beta2/plugins/libdefault_debug.so
    Plugin root created
    PluginInterface created : 5615664
    CorePlugin created
    Segmentation fault
    And the line causing the segmentation fault is line 58 of qdesignerperspective.cpp, which looks like this

pDesigner = QDesignerComponents::createFormEditor(this);
    This one whistles off into the internals of QT and I cannot track it any further.
    I am running QT 4.2.3 with 3.4.5.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Quote Originally Posted by Usability View Post
    This one whistles off into the internals of Qt and I cannot track it any further.
    I am running Qt 4.2.3 with 3.4.5.
    This one is mandatory for Designer integration to work... If Qt Designer runs fine under your box it shouldn't cause any trouble but as it relies on private headers we never know... Try replacing all the private headers in src/default/designer (those ending in *_p.h) by their equivalents available in your Qt sources, recompile and see if it works better....

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Did that, and it recompiled a few things but it still crashed on invocation.

I just tried the tool on another 64 bit Gentoo machine, and here it works. The main differences between the two are:
    gcc version 4.1.1 on the working machine
    gcc version 3.4.5 on the broken one.

QT Designer works fine on both. The GUI looks good, you are too hard on yourself.

My top 3 enhancement requests are:
    1. Double clicking a method in the class browser should go to the code for the method, currently all the methods open the header file instead. The class name its self could do that.
    2. A button to toggle between .h and .cpp file for the same class. I am always going back and forth between these two.
    3. Some obvious way of adding a breakpoint. Am I missing something here?

Anyway, I think its an encouraging project. The world really needs an IDE for debugging QT4 programs.

QDevelop locks up on both my Gentoo machines, so you are already ahead there

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Quote Originally Posted by Usability View Post
    Did that, and it recompiled a few things but it still crashed on invocation.

I just tried the tool on another 64 bit Gentoo machine, and here it works. The main differences between the two are:
    gcc version 4.1.1 on the working machine
    gcc version 3.4.5 on the broken one.

QT Designer works fine on both.
    Sounds weird. I'm not very familiar with 64bit machines and tracking GCC errors is too hard for me so I guess there's no way I can fix that... If GCC 4.x works fine on some platforms where 3.x fails I'll have to mention it in the readme.

The GUI looks good, you are too hard on yourself.
    I must be missing something here...

My top 3 enhancement requests are:
    1. Double clicking a method in the class browser should go to the code for the method, currently all the methods open the header file instead. The class name its self could do that.
    2. A button to toggle between .h and .cpp file for the same class. I am always going back and forth between these two.
    3. Some obvious way of adding a breakpoint. Am I missing something here?
    Anyway, I think its an encouraging project. The world really needs an IDE for debugging QT4 programs.

QDevelop locks up on both my Gentoo machines, so you are already ahead there
    1. I've thought about that but didn't find time to do it in a proper way yet. It should be added in a feature release but don't ask me when, I'm rather busy ATM.
    2. I was thinking about a context menu for class names to open either header or source. If that's not what you mean could you precise your button idea?
    3. I admit Edyuk lacks documentation and breakpoints are not that obvious...
    There are currently two ways to set breakpoints :
    • graphically by right clicking on the leftmost part of the editor (on concerned line) and toggling the breakpoint entry
    • by hand through the "custom command" entry in Debug menu and typing the corresponding command
    Note : the first method currently REQUIRES breakpoints to be set BEFORE starting debugging.

I'm thinking about improving this breakpoint issue (by adding a shortcut, among other things) but, once again, I lack time... Anyway, if I'm lucky and fast enough these three might find their way in the next upcoming release which will be issued before the contest ends.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

The long-awaited 0.9.0 version of Edyuk has finally been released.

It features many bug fixes and including miscompilation on certain platforms. The most noticeable changes/adds are:
    • brand new (Unix) build script with auto-detection of qmake, Qt version check (Qt 4.2 or higher now mandatory) and compile output formatting
    • Drag and drop in the workspace. Tabs are freely movable within the tab bar to let you reorder opened files on the fly. Dropping a file list (dragged from Konqui for instance) cause them to be opened
    • improved completion (yet again! it's getting near to perfection ). It is now possible to trigger it at will through an action (default shortcut : Ctrl + Space)
    • changed the look of some dialogs and much improved configuration

The next version (1.0) is already being worked on and will bring many changes concerning the editing framework :
    • A brand new language definition format, much more flexible and, I hope, resulting in faster highlighting
    • A new way of handling breakpoints (which, because of internal deps to 1.0 series, could not be added to this release) that will allow an action to be added (and thus a shortcut) but also breakpoints to be set while debugging already started
    • Improvements of class browsing as asked by Usability
    • And many other niceties

cheers

fmc

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Edyuk 0.9.1 has just been released. It is mainly a bugfix release which, above all, fixes compilation under Windows.

https://sourceforge.net/project/show...ease_id=512221

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Hi, I'm trying to build Edyuk 0.9.1 but I'm getting the following errors:
    Processing form ui/createnewdialog.ui
    Compiling ../../3rdparty/qpool/qpool.cpp
    ../../3rdparty/qpool/qpool.cpp:105: error: cast from 'QPool*' to 'int' loses precision
    ../../3rdparty/qpool/qpool.cpp:106: error: cast from 'char*' to 'int' loses precision
    ../../3rdparty/qpool/qpool.cpp:106: error: cast from 'char*' to 'int' loses precision
    ../../3rdparty/qpool/qpool.cpp:106: warning: format '%x' expects type 'unsigned int', but argument 5 has type 'long unsigned int'
    ../../3rdparty/qpool/qpool.cpp:223: error: cast from 'size_t*' to 'int' loses precision
    ../../3rdparty/qpool/qpool.cpp:223: error: cast from 'size_t*' to 'int' loses precision
    ../../3rdparty/qpool/qpool.cpp:223: warning: format '%x' expects type 'unsigned int', but argument 4 has type 'long unsigned int'
    ../../3rdparty/qpool/qpool.cpp:223: warning: format '%i' expects type 'int', but argument 5 has type 'size_t'
    ../../3rdparty/qpool/qpool.cpp:248: error: cast from 'size_t*' to 'int' loses precision
    ../../3rdparty/qpool/qpool.cpp:248: error: cast from 'size_t*' to 'int' loses precision
    ../../3rdparty/qpool/qpool.cpp:249: warning: format '%x' expects type 'unsigned int', but argument 4 has type 'long unsigned int'
    ../../3rdparty/qpool/qpool.cpp:249: warning: format '%i' expects type 'int', but argument 5 has type 'size_t'
    ../../3rdparty/qpool/qpool.cpp:249: warning: format '%x' expects type 'unsigned int', but argument 7 has type 'size_t'
    ../../3rdparty/qpool/qpool.cpp:249: warning: format '%x' expects type 'unsigned int', but argument 8 has type 'long unsigned int'
    and the list of erros continues with more errors of that same kind.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Quote Originally Posted by fedcer View Post
    Hi, I'm trying to build Edyuk 0.9.1 but I'm getting the following errors:

and the list of erros continues with more errors of that same kind.
    It looks like your compiler is very strict with casts... Apparently I forgot comment out all the qDebug() statements I put in the QPool code and your compiler complain. All you have to do is opening src/3rdparty/qpool/qpool.cpp and comment out the concerned lines... Apologies for this...