Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Edyuk : fully-featured, highly flexible and free cross-platform IDE

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: Edyuk : fully-featured, highly flexible and free cross-platform IDE

How to change the default path
    /home/rajeev/Desktop/edyuk-0.9.2:
    to my project. I think the problem is : the fullpath that the compiler takes. How can I change this to my project path.

I also tried setting the target path as you suggested but get the same below error.
    Qt Code:
    1. ---------- process gdb started ----------
    2. [/home/rajeev/Desktop] gdb --quiet --fullname /home/rajeev/Desktop/edyuk-0.9.2
    3. /home/rajeev/Desktop/edyuk-0.9.2: No such file or directory.
    4. (gdb) start
    5. No symbol table loaded. Use the "file" command.
    6. (gdb) continue
    7. The program is not being run.
    8. (gdb)
    To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Is there a rpm package? (Or src.rpm or at least a spec file)

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Quote Originally Posted by Pepe View Post
    Is there a rpm package? (Or src.rpm or at least a spec file)
    Nop. All you can get currently is sources from Sf.net dl server or from the SVN... But you're welcome if you wish to create such rpm. (AFAIK there are already similar "spec" files for some distros like Arch Linux...)
    Current Qt projects : QCodeEdit, RotiDeCode

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Here comes the first beta release of Edyuk 1.0.0

Most noticeable changes are the upgrade of QCodeEdit, the text editing layer (from version 1 to 2, still work in progress), and QCodeModel, the completion/class browsing data backend (same thing but way more mature than QCodeEdit 2). These changes bring a much better user experience by reducing the memory usage by several dozen megs and lowering the loading speed down to 7 seconds on first load and about 2 on next ones (instead of 20 and 10!!!).

Many more or less nasty bugs have been fixed as well and the code completion was improved (once again) a little : it should be able to complete everything (Qt classes, project ones and even designer-generated classes!!!).

The handling of line marks (which includes breakpoints) was improved a great deal. That should make the graphical debugging way smoother, when it will be fiexd because it turns out that there is something broken ... Thanks vermarajeev for reporting, I'll try to solve this ASAP and schedule a second beta release soon enough...

Despite its "unstable" status it should prove very usable... if you manage to compile it... indeed I was not able to test it under neither Windows nor Mac. Thus, feedback would be highly valued.

happy testing

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

I'm afraid compilation fails in Windows (using Qt 4.2.3 opensource):

g++ -mthreads -Wl,-enable-stdcall-fixup -Wl,-enable-auto-import -Wl,-enable-runtime-pseudo-reloc -Wl,-s -Wl,-s -shared -Wl,--out-implib,..\..\plugins\libdefault.a -o "..\..\plugins\default.dll" object_script.default.Release -L"c:\Qt\4.2.3\lib" -L../.. -ledyuk -lQtDesignerComponents4 -lQtDesigner4 -lQtUiTools -lQtXml4 -lQtGui4 -lQtCore4
    C:\MinGW\bin\..\lib\gcc\mingw32\3.4.2\..\..\..\..\ mingw32\bin\ld.exe: cannot find -ledyuk
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    mingw32-make[1]: *** [..\..\plugins\default.dll] Error 1
    mingw32-make[1]: Leaving directory `C:/Documents and Settings/Pepe/My Documents/edyuk/edyuk-1.0.0-beta/src/default'
    mingw32-make: *** [release] Error 2

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

I'm afraid compilation fails in Windows (using Qt 4.2.3 opensource):
    I'm afraid I would have guessed it... Windows DLL stuff are a bit annoying but the fix should be a one-liner :
    Add this line to 3rdparty/qcodeedit2/lib/lib.pri :
    Qt Code:
    1. DEFINES += _QCODE_EDIT_BUILD_

Please let me know whether build succeeds on Win with this fix.

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

It fails again with the same error than before
    Last edited by Pepe; 30th July 2007 at 14:38.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Are you sure that the makefiles have been re-generated? and that the library has been built properly?

edit : appears that the fix wasn't actually a one-liner... I'm packaging a second beta...
    Last edited by fullmetalcoder; 30th July 2007 at 14:39.

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

How can I re-generate the makefiles?
    I already tried running "qmake", no success.

BTW, I realized there were other previous errors, although compilation continued:

In file included from ../../3rdparty/qcodeedit2/lib/widgets/qsearchreplacepanel.
    h:25,
    from ..\..\3rdparty\qcodeedit2\lib\qeditorfactory.cpp:3 3:
    ../tmp-lib-4.2.3-win32/ui/ui_searchreplace.h: In member function `void Ui_Search
    Replace::setupUi(QWidget*)':
    ../tmp-lib-4.2.3-win32/ui/ui_searchreplace.h:56: error: 'class QVBoxLayout' has
    no member named 'setLeftMargin'
    ../tmp-lib-4.2.3-win32/ui/ui_searchreplace.h:57: error: 'class QVBoxLayout' has
    no member named 'setTopMargin'
    ../tmp-lib-4.2.3-win32/ui/ui_searchreplace.h:58: error: 'class QVBoxLayout' has
    no member named 'setRightMargin'
    ../tmp-lib-4.2.3-win32/ui/ui_searchreplace.h:59: error: 'class QVBoxLayout' has
    no member named 'setBottomMargin'
    ../tmp-lib-4.2.3-win32/ui/ui_searchreplace.h:73: error: 'class QHBoxLayout' has
    ../tmp-lib-4.2.3-win32/ui/ui_searchreplace.h:74: error: 'class QHBoxLayout' has
    ../tmp-lib-4.2.3-win32/ui/ui_searchreplace.h:75: error: 'class QHBoxLayout' has
    ../tmp-lib-4.2.3-win32/ui/ui_searchreplace.h:76: error: 'class QHBoxLayout' has
    ../tmp-lib-4.2.3-win32/ui/ui_searchreplace.h:169: error: 'class QHBoxLayout' has
    ../tmp-lib-4.2.3-win32/ui/ui_searchreplace.h:170: error: 'class QHBoxLayout' has
    ../tmp-lib-4.2.3-win32/ui/ui_searchreplace.h:171: error: 'class QHBoxLayout' has
    ../tmp-lib-4.2.3-win32/ui/ui_searchreplace.h:172: error: 'class QHBoxLayout' has
    mingw32-make[1]: *** [..\tmp-lib-4.2.3-win32\obj\release\qeditorfactory.o] Error
    mingw32-make[1]: Leaving directory `C:/Documents and Settings/Pepe/My Docume
    nts/edyuk/edyuk-1.0.0-beta/src/lib'
    Project MESSAGE: project generated by Edyuk
    Project MESSAGE: http://edyuk.sourceforge.net
    mingw32-make -f Makefile.Release
    mingw32-make[1]: Entering directory `C:/Documents and Settings/Pepe/My Docum
    ents/edyuk/edyuk-1.0.0-beta/src/exec'
    g++ -mthreads -Wl,-enable-stdcall-fixup -Wl,-enable-auto-import -Wl,-enable-runt
    ime-pseudo-reloc -Wl,-s -Wl,-s -Wl,-subsystem,windows -o "..\..\edyuk.exe" ..\tm
    p-exec-4.2.3-win32\obj\release\main.o -L"c:\Qt\4.2.3\lib" -lmingw32 -lqtmain ..
    \tmp-exec-4.2.3-win32\obj\release\edyuk_res.o -L../.. -ledyuk -lQtGui4 -lQtCore4

C:\MinGW\bin\..\lib\gcc\mingw32\3.4.2\..\..\..\..\ mingw32\bin\ld.exe: cannot fin
    d -ledyuk
    mingw32-make[1]: *** [..\..\edyuk.exe] Error 1
    nts/edyuk/edyuk-1.0.0-beta/src/exec'

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

These errors are awkward... The ui file has been generated using Qt designer so there can't be any problem unless new properties have been introduced in Qt 4.3... Would be quite annoying since there apparently is NO way to filter them out and they appear to be added by default... If you can afford it try upgrading to Qt 4.3 and see if it works any better...

Edit : Indeed, the margin management of layouts has changed in Qt 4.3... QLayout::setContentsMargin() is preferred and thus used, through new properties, by Qt Designer... Unfortunately, earlier versions of uic can not handle these properties properly... Anyone has an idea on how to fix this???
    Last edited by fullmetalcoder; 30th July 2007 at 14:50.

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Tried with Qt 4.3.0. I had to add your previous fix because compilation failed in the same place.

After that compilation went on for some minutes more but failed in another point:
    mingw32-make[1]: Entering directory `C:/Documents and Settings/Pepe/My Docum
    ents/edyuk/edyuk-1.0.0-beta/src/default'
    g++ -enable-stdcall-fixup -Wl,-enable-auto-import -Wl,-enable-runtime-pseudo-rel
    oc -Wl,-s -mthreads -Wl -shared -Wl,--out-implib,..\..\plugins\libdefault.a -o "
    ..\..\plugins\default.dll" object_script.default.Release -L"c:\Qt\4.3.0\lib" -L
    ../.. -ledyuk -lQtDesignerComponents4 -lQtScript4 -lQtDesigner4 -lQtUiTools -lQt
    Xml4 -lQtGui4 -lQtCore4
    Creating library file: ..\..\plugins\libdefault.a
    ./..\tmp-default-4.3.0-win32\obj\release\core.o(.text$_ZN18CppCallbackHan dler5ev
    entE7QString11QStringList[CppCallbackHandler::event(QString, QStringList)]+0x1ab
    c):core.cpp: undefined reference to `QEditor::staticMetaObject'
    ./..\tmp-default-4.3.0-win32\obj\release\debuger.o(.text+0x4931):debuger. cpp: un
    defined reference to `QEditor::staticMetaObject'
    ./..\tmp-default-4.3.0-win32\obj\release\debuger.o(.text+0x4959):debuger. cpp: un
    defined reference to `QEditor::cursor() const'
    ./..\tmp-default-4.3.0-win32\obj\release\debuger.o(.text+0x4972):debuger. cpp: un
    defined reference to `QDocumentCursor::lineNumber() const'
    ./..\tmp-default-4.3.0-win32\obj\release\debuger.o(.text+0x498e):debuger. cpp: un
    defined reference to `QDocumentCursor::~QDocumentCursor()'
    ./..\tmp-default-4.3.0-win32\obj\release\debuger.o(.text+0x4b63):debuger. cpp: un
    defined reference to `QDocumentCursor::~QDocumentCursor()'
    ./..\tmp-default-4.3.0-win32\obj\release\cppqtperspective.o(.text+0x1838) :cppqtp
    erspective.cpp: undefined reference to `QCodeEdit::editor() const'
    ./..\tmp-default-4.3.0-win32\obj\release\cppqtperspective.o(.text+0x1864) :cppqtp
    ./..\tmp-default-4.3.0-win32\obj\release\cppqtperspective.o(.text+0x19c0) :cppqtp
    erspective.cpp: undefined reference to `_imp___ZNK14QEditorFactory6editorERK7QSt
    ringS2_'
    ./..\tmp-default-4.3.0-win32\obj\release\cppqtperspective.o(.text+0x1ceb) :cppqtp
    erspective.cpp: undefined reference to `QEditor::staticMetaObject'
    ./..\tmp-default-4.3.0-win32\obj\release\cppqtperspective.o(.text+0x1cff) :cppqtp
    erspective.cpp: undefined reference to `QEditor::document() const'
    ./..\tmp-default-4.3.0-win32\obj\release\cppqtperspective.o(.text+0x1d15) :cppqtp
    erspective.cpp: undefined reference to `QDocument::line(int) const'
    ./..\tmp-default-4.3.0-win32\obj\release\cppqtperspective.o(.text+0x1d3d) :cppqtp
    erspective.cpp: undefined reference to `QEditor::marker() const'
    ./..\tmp-default-4.3.0-win32\obj\release\cppqtperspective.o(.text+0x1d86) :cppqtp
    erspective.cpp: undefined reference to `QEditor::marker() const'
    ./..\tmp-default-4.3.0-win32\obj\release\cppcompletion.o(.text+0xde67):cp pcomple
    tion.cpp: undefined reference to `QEditor::cursor() const'
    ./..\tmp-default-4.3.0-win32\obj\release\cppcompletion.o(.text+0xdeb2):cp pcomple
    tion.cpp: undefined reference to `QDocumentCursor::~QDocumentCursor()'
    ./..\tmp-default-4.3.0-win32\obj\release\cppcompletion.o(.text+0x1063f):c ppcompl
    etion.cpp: undefined reference to `QDocumentCursor::~QDocumentCursor()'
    ./..\tmp-default-4.3.0-win32\obj\release\moc_assistant.o(.text+0x1a9):moc _assist
    ant.cpp: undefined reference to `Assistant::setupContent()'
    ./..\tmp-default-4.3.0-win32\obj\release\moc_assistant.o(.text+0x1b9):moc _assist
    ant.cpp: undefined reference to `Assistant::setupIndex()'
    nts/edyuk/edyuk-1.0.0-beta/src/default'

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Tried with Qt 4.3.0. I had to add your previous fix because compilation failed in the same place.

After that compilation went on for some minutes more but failed in another point:
    As I said it appeared that Windows&DLL-specific troubles actually require a little more than a one-liner... A proper package should be available within an hour or so... Sorry for the inconvenience but I can't test under Window$...

This delay is not so bad after all because in the meantime I fixed several annoying bugs, including the debugging failure...

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Second attempt to release a beta of Edyuk 1.0.0... Will Windows accept it for once?

Apart from the compilation troubles under Windows (solved) and Qt < 4.3 (not solved, bug reported to the Trolls... wait and see) several other issues have been dealt with :
    • debugging is back
    • a rare but annoying highlighting bug has been solved
    • many configuration related issues have been fixed (setting alternative commands to gcc/qmake/... will now work)
    • and more...

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Bad news, still it fails:

g++ -enable-stdcall-fixup -Wl,-enable-auto-import -Wl,-enable-runtime-pseudo-rel
    oc -Wl,-s -mthreads -Wl -shared -Wl,--out-implib,..\..\plugins\libdefault.a -o "
    ..\..\plugins\default.dll" object_script.default.Release -L"c:\Qt\4.3.0\lib" -L
    ../.. -ledyuk -lQtDesignerComponents4 -lQtScript4 -lQtDesigner4 -lQtUiTools -lQt
    Xml4 -lQtGui4 -lQtCore4
    Creating library file: ..\..\plugins\libdefault.a
    ./..\tmp-default-4.3.0-win32\obj\release\cppqtperspective.o(.text+0x1838) :cppqtp
    ./..\tmp-default-4.3.0-win32\obj\release\cppqtperspective.o(.text+0x1864) :cppqtp
    ./..\tmp-default-4.3.0-win32\obj\release\moc_assistant.o(.text+0x1a9):moc _assist
    ant.cpp: undefined reference to `Assistant::setupContent()'
    ./..\tmp-default-4.3.0-win32\obj\release\moc_assistant.o(.text+0x1b9):moc _assist
    ant.cpp: undefined reference to `Assistant::setupIndex()'
    nts/edyuk/edyuk-1.0.0-beta2/src/default'

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Proposed fix :

in 3rdparty/qcodeedit/lib/qcodeedit.h :
    add
    Qt Code:
    1. #include "qce-config.h"
    replace
    Qt Code:
    1. class QCodeEdit
    by
    Qt Code:
    1. class QCE_EXPORT QCodeEdit

in src/default/assistant.h :
    remove the two private slots mentionned by the compiler error (those without parameters if it helps you)

It should be OK after that but I'd rather wait for a confirmation before releasing yet another package...

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

With those changes now it compiles, but it crashes when I try to run it, just after the splash screen, when the main window was just going to be shown.
    Last edited by Pepe; 30th July 2007 at 20:03.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

it crashes when I try to run it, just after the splash screen, when the main window was just going to be shown.
    Any chance that you send me a backtrace? Windows is definitely a troublesome platform to support...

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

There are no symbols, so I think it will useless:

Qt Code:
    1. (gdb) bt
    2. #0 0x01590b82 in ?? ()
    3. #1 0x01591a34 in ?? ()
    4. #2 0x015a0053 in ?? ()
    5. #3 0x015a0133 in ?? ()
    6. #4 0x015c557e in ?? ()
    7. #5 0x6a2f4e62 in _size_of_stack_reserve__ ()
    8. #6 0x6a2fdfd6 in _size_of_stack_reserve__ ()
    9. #7 0x6a2fe06c in _size_of_stack_reserve__ ()
    10. #8 0x6a2f744b in _size_of_stack_reserve__ ()
    11. #9 0x6510aced in _size_of_stack_reserve__ ()
    12. #10 0x6510aef7 in _size_of_stack_reserve__ ()
    13. #11 0x6a2df993 in _size_of_stack_reserve__ ()
    14. #12 0x6a30ae11 in _size_of_stack_reserve__ ()
    15. #13 0x7e418734 in _libkernel32_a_iname ()
    16. #14 0x7e418816 in _libkernel32_a_iname ()
    17. #15 0x7e4189cd in _libkernel32_a_iname ()
    18. #16 0x7e418a10 in _libkernel32_a_iname ()
    19. #17 0x6a30efc1 in _size_of_stack_reserve__ ()
    20. #18 0x6517c240 in _size_of_stack_reserve__ ()
    21. #19 0x6a2df38d in _size_of_stack_reserve__ ()
    22. #20 0x6a2df59a in _size_of_stack_reserve__ ()
    23. #21 0x6a2e523b in _size_of_stack_reserve__ ()
    24. #22 0x100be20e in _size_of_stack_reserve__ ()
    25. ---Type <return> to continue, or q <return> to quit---
    26. #23 0x00401428 in _size_of_stack_reserve__ ()
    27. #24 0x0040198b in _size_of_stack_reserve__ ()
    28. #25 0x0040162a in _size_of_stack_reserve__ ()
    29. #26 0x004011e7 in _size_of_stack_reserve__ ()
    30. #27 0x00401258 in _size_of_stack_reserve__ ()
    31. #28 0x7c816fd7 in _libkernel32_a_iname ()
    32. (gdb)

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

There are no symbols, so I think it will useless:
    Well it looks useless indeed... I guess I'll have to try to find a Windows PC somewhere (I *might* manage to do this) and lead tests on my own... BTW, did you perform a make clean after the last suggested changes? (it appears that qmake badly handles dependencies of the default plugin so when an header of the core lib is modified the plugin is not always rebuilt accordingly...) This may help AFAIK.

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Quote Originally Posted by fullmetalcoder View Post
    BTW, did you perform a make clean after the last suggested changes?
    Yes. I even deleted the source tree, uncompressed again, applied your changes and compiled it. No changes. Edyuk crashes just when the main window appears or it's about to.

I tried to compile it with debug info, adding "debug" to the CONFIG in the pro files, but then linking fails.