Thread: questions about setting the global include path that could be used in every project

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

Default questions about setting the global include path that could be used in every project

Hi ,administrator.
    Recently I am using QT Creator to develop some applications. I Want to set the include path and library path for all projects i created.
    For example , i usually needs to use the boost library , currently i have to add the library path and include path while i am creating a new project, when the project is huge, this seems a little boring.
    Is there one way to set the include path and library path that could be applied for all the projects?
    I tried eclipse for C++ version,it seems that eclipse will auto load the CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH defined in .bashrc.
    Can QT Creator do this ? If it can ,how could i set it ?

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: questions about setting the global include path that could be used in every proje

no body knows?

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: questions about setting the global include path that could be used in every proje

Well, as for libs you can always use LD_LIBRARY_PATH (for Linux) and DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH (for Mac).
    As for includes you can create your own system variable which will contain path to includes. Then you can use this variable in your pro-file. Something like this:
    pro-file
    HEADERS += ...\
    $$(MY_INCLUDE_PATH)/myheader.h
    in QtCreator project's settings you should declare this variable or export it from command line (export MY_INCLUDE_PATH=~/projects/mylib/include) and then run QtCreator.
    Qt Assistant -- rocks!
    please, use tags [CODE] & [/CODE].