Thread: Using Qt Quick and QML files from Visual Studio

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Question Re: Using Qt Quick and QML files from Visual Studio

In case this would be useful I'm using Windows 7 Home Edition x64, Visual Studio 2010 Professional, Qt Creator 2.5.1 and Qt Library 4.8.2 (for VS2010).

1. Is there a way to use Qt Quick within Visual Studio without ever using Qt Create?
    2. Is there a way to visually-edit QML files within Visual Studio in the same (or similar) way as UI files are edited with Qt Designer?
    3. Is there a way to use Qt Creator to edit (especially to visually-edit) a lone QML file without embedding it in any Qt Creator project?
    4. My initial experiments with qmake -tp vs suggest that the resulting project doesn't even include QML file so even textual-editing is not so comfortable. What steps would I need to follow after textually-editing QML file (and expecting to build and run updated app from Visual Studio)?
    5. Has anyone explored possibilities to provide MSBuild targets/settings/... needed to use QML file from Visual Studio directly? (This still doesn't provide the visual editor within VS but at least textual editing should work as expected - similarly to UI files.

Added after 1 11 minutes:

OK, after some more research it seems to me that I had a false assumption that QML files are somehow "compiled" or "processed" into C++ code which then is used to build the application. While now it seems to me that they are just like that, text files loaded on demand. This solves some of the above points yet not all.

Mainly as a Visual Studio user what support for QML using/editing may I hope for? How to get it? Are there any extensions or add-ins implementing domain languages or whatever to make QML easier to edit within VS?
    Last edited by Adam Badura; 1st August 2012 at 13:09.