Thread: Even built in release mode , binay is asking for Qt debug dlls and QtTest4.dll

Thanks

Default Even built in release mode , binay is asking for Qt debug dlls and QtTest4.dll

Hi Folks,

I have a c++ project , for which I have written GUI in Qt. My platform is Windows 7 , vs2010 win64. After compiling the project in release mode , when I try to execute it on different windows 7 pc , the executables asks for Qt debug run time dlls ( QtCored4.dll , QtGuid4.dll ) and even QtTest4.dll , which I am not able to make head or toe , why is it asking. Other dependent librararies are OpenCV and VTK , in which the compiled VTK needs Qt too but I had it compiled carefully in release mode.

Can anyone please explain , what is wrong going on here.

I would really appreciate any help.

Many thanks and regards

Avanindra Singh

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Default Re: Even built in release mode , binay is asking for Qt debug dlls and QtTest4.dll

You linked your program wrong when you built it.

This is not exactly a 'programming' question, is it? There are other more suitable sub forums than this.
    If you have a problem, CUT and PASTE your code. Do not retype or simplify it. Give a COMPLETE and COMPILABLE example of your problem. Otherwise we are all guessing the problem from a fabrication where relevant details are often missing.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,610 Times in 1,537 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows
    Wiki edits

Default Re: Even built in release mode , binay is asking for Qt debug dlls and QtTest4.dll

Even built in release mode , binay is asking for Qt debug dlls and QtTest4.dll
    No. It is either built in in release mode and asking for release libraries, or it is built in debug mode and asking for debug libraries. When you switch from one to the other you must completely rebuild the project, i.e. make clean, qmake, make, or you will be linking together already built, unchanged object files that still reference the debug libs.

If a released program is dependent on QTest at all then you are doing it wrong.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisW67 View Post
    No. It is either built in in release mode and asking for release libraries, or it is built in debug mode and asking for debug libraries. When you switch from one to the other you must completely rebuild the project, i.e. make clean, qmake, make, or you will be linking together already built, unchanged object files that still reference the debug libs.

If a released program is dependent on QTest at all then you are doing it wrong.
    Not quite. If he's building in studio, then it is possible to build 'release' config and specify debug libraries to link.
    If you have a problem, CUT and PASTE your code. Do not retype or simplify it. Give a COMPLETE and COMPILABLE example of your problem. Otherwise we are all guessing the problem from a fabrication where relevant details are often missing.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,610 Times in 1,537 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows
    Wiki edits

qmake is certainly not going to do that though. If avanindra has chosen to do something oddball outside of the Qt build mechanism then the solution is obvious.

Thanks

Thank you all for your replies. Yes it was the problem with linking but a bit subtle one.

I compiled OpenCV library with qt dependence ( which was a third party library for my project. ). Even though it was compiled in release mode , it contained debug symbols. I did no go in depth to investigate the problem because of time constraint. But I solved the problem by recompiling from scratch the library with all the debug symbol flags disabled.

Also my project was CMake based , not that it had anything to do with my problem.

Thank you very much for all your replies.

Regards

Avanindra Singh