Thread: Where can I find QtWebKitd5.lib?

Qt products
    Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Windows

Question Where can I find QtWebKitd5.lib?

Hello Folks,

After installing Qt 5.0.0 Beta I am trying to rebuild the application because of the new V8 engine, hoping to solve the SLOWing issue. But the problem is that the system needs QtWebKitd5.lib that has not come with the Qt 5.0.0 Beta installation package . . . Even Google doesn't know where it is . . . Any ideas?

Thanks in advnace for your help!
    Last edited by vakhobiz; 15th September 2012 at 16:57.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Default Re: Where can I find QtWebKitd5.lib?

may I draw your attention here:

http://www.qtcentre.org/forums/5-Ins...and-Deployment

??

Have you actually built the webkit? Have you seen something like this http://trac.webkit.org/wiki/BuildingQtOnWindows ? It might be helpful.

edit:
    oh, I see you like posting the same question in multiple places on the same board. bravo.
    Last edited by amleto; 15th September 2012 at 17:26.
    If you have a problem, CUT and PASTE your code. Do not retype or simplify it. Give a COMPLETE and COMPILABLE example of your problem. Otherwise we are all guessing the problem from a fabrication where relevant details are often missing.

Qt products
    Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Windows

Sorry Amelto regarding duplicate posts, I couldn't find the feature to move it to another category. It won't happen again.

And thank you for the link . . .

Added after 1 9 minutes:

Links are general . . . There is nothing that could help
    Last edited by vakhobiz; 15th September 2012 at 18:52.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Well, I believe you need to build it. So you should tell us how you have tried to build it, and the exact failure modes.
    If you have a problem, CUT and PASTE your code. Do not retype or simplify it. Give a COMPLETE and COMPILABLE example of your problem. Otherwise we are all guessing the problem from a fabrication where relevant details are often missing.

Qt products
    Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Windows

It is simply impossible to build Qt 5.0 from sources . . . I just got mad . . . On every step something went wrong. Right now I’m stuck at this error:
    perl: warning: Please check that your locale settings: LC_ALL = (unset), LANG = (unset) are supported and installed on your system.
    I can’t make a build . . .
    Is it so hard to make a working Qt 5.0 Beta binary installer for windows where QtWebKit and everything are working fine? Why the dev team are not making a good release of the beta . . .
    (((((((

Thanks
    Thanked 1,610 Times in 1,537 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows
    Wiki edits

It is a test version of a programming library, not a Mum-n-Dad drivable "app". There's an assumed level of ability amongst the intended users of the library: the ability to build it after building/collecting the prerequisites (Windows needs ICU for WebKit for example). If the build process or documentation is lacking then report the fault and an analysis of the problem: that's what tests are for. If you think developers producing a shrink-wrapped installer for a test version is more important than finding and fixing bugs then, by all means, build one and publish it.

The warning you are complaining about is probably easily fixed with:
    Qt Code:
    1. set LC_ALL=en_US
    2. set LANG=en_US
    To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 
    (or suitable languages) in your command prompt before the build. It is only a warning, so it is probably not fatal anyway.

You can find more useful bits of information http://qt-project.org/wiki/Building_Qt_5_from_Git

Qt products
    Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Windows

Unfortunately this doesn't work . . .
    Qt Code: Switch view
    set LC_ALL=en_US
    set LANG=en_US

I searched for other fixes but everything presented is for the Debian machines and there is no single word regarding how to fix the issue on Windows7 (((((

Is there any Video Tutorials regarding the Building of Qt5, I simply can't get what files should go in which folders. Here are so many details and it isn't explained HOW these things should be done.
    Last edited by vakhobiz; 18th September 2012 at 10:31.

Qt products
    Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Windows

Chris and amleto is it possible to hire a skilled person who could make the Qt 5.0 Beta Build with QtWebKit V8 Javascript engine for certain amount of money? Or is there any other paid support services who could provide the stable build that has the QtWebKit V8 Engine?