Thread: Deploying to Windows

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Deploying to Windows

Hi,

completely new to QT, but trying to pick it up. I have built a very very basic application which runs fine in the QT Creator, however if I try to run the exe from the debug or relase folder, I am getting messages about missing dll's. If I copy the dlls from other locations (by searching the QT SDK install folder) I eventually get an error:

" The procedure entry point ?metric@QWidget@@MBEHW4PaintDeviceMetric@QPaintDev ice@@@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library QtGuid4.dll "

I have found this guide which says I need to configure static links:

http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.7/dep...t-windows.html

However I cannot even run the 'configure' command, I get an error:

"'configure' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

I must be in the wrong directory, but when I search for configure.exe it is only in the symbian folder, and I am not developing for symbian?

I forgot to add that I want the exe to be executable on a pc that DOES NOT have QT SDK installed. For example, I have QTSDK on my main pc, but I want my application to run on 2 laptops and maybe I could compile it for a linux pc, but none of these will know anything about QT.

I have also tried to follow this post:

http://doc.qt.digia.com/latest/deployment-windows.html

But I do not have nmake??????

Ive got to say, so far I have found the setup and running of QT very complicated, there seems to be a lot of forums and tutorials, but nothing that really shows a beginner, what to install, how to start making a program and how to deploy that program to Windows, Linux, Symbian etc, which is basically what the tool is supposed to do isnt it??? I am moving from C# on visual studio, and at first need to be able to replicate what I can do in Visual Studio, so far....nada !
    Last edited by digitalfriction; 20th September 2012 at 16:05. Reason: Further Information