Thread: Can't build Qt in Windows from source, Perl installed but still can't find headers

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

Default Can't build Qt in Windows from source, Perl installed but still can't find headers

I'm using Cygwin on Windows 7, 64-bit. I downloaded the 4.8.3. source and followed the instructions here, putting `<qtdir>/bin` in PATH along with the path to my chosen compiler. Configure fails immediately,

$ ./configure

Creating qmake. Please
    wait... g++ -c -o makefile.o -pipe -DQMAKE_OPENSOURCE_EDITION -g -I.
    -Igenerators -Igenerators/unix -Igenerators/win32 -Igenerators/mac -Igenerators/symbian -Igenerators/integrity -I/cygdrive/c/Qt/4.8.3/include -I/cygdrive/c/Qt/4.8.3/include/QtCore -I/cygdrive/c/Qt/4.8.3/src/corelib/global -I/cygdrive/c/Qt/4.8.3/src/corelib/xml -I/cygdrive/c/Qt/4.8.3/tools/shared -DQT_NO_PCRE -DQT_BUILD_QMAKE -DQT_BOOTSTRAPPED -DQLIBRARYINFO_EPOCROOT -DQT_NO_TEXTCODEC -DQT_NO_UNICODETABLES -DQT_NO_COMPONENT -DQT_NO_STL -DQT_NO_COMPRESS -I/cygdrive/c/Qt/4.8.3/mkspecs/cygwin-g++ -DHAVE_QCONFIG_CPP -DQT_NO_THREAD -DQT_NO_QOBJECT -DQT_NO_GEOM_VARIANT -DQT_NO_DEPRECATED generators/makefile.cpp

In file included from ./option.h:45:0,
    from generators/makefile.h:45,
    from generators/makefile.cpp:42: ./project.h:45:25: fatal error: qstringlist.h: No such file or directory compilation
    terminated. make: *** [makefile.o] Error 1
    Discussions here and here identify the problem as being with Perl; however Perl is on my system and on the path. To be sure I went and downloaded/installed ActivePerl, after which I added `Perl64/bin` to the path. Same result.

$ whereis perl

perl: /bin/perl.exe /usr/bin/perl.exe /usr/share/perl
    /cygdrive/c/Perl64/bin/perl.exe /cygdrive/c/Perl64/bin/perl516.dll

$ echo $PATH

/cygdrive/c/Perl64/bin:/cygdrive/c/gcc/bin:/bin: ...
    /cygdrive/c/Qt/4.8.3/bin
    Would very much appreciate some help out with this. qstringlist.h resides in include/QtCore which is explicitly included in the initial g++ command that fails saying it can't find it, so what to do?
    Last edited by MattPhillips; 4th November 2012 at 20:01.

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: Can't build Qt in Windows from source, Perl installed but still can't find header

I think your problem is the use of Cygwin perl. I had the same problem however the problem disappeared after I installed Activestate perl.

Make sure the 'perl' command used is the Activestate one and not the Cygwin one.